LaunchBox Community Forums

Games launched from discovery center lag relative to them being launched from platform view

vodkatonic

I've noticed this for several games now that I knew really didn't have any issues running otherwise, but if I launch a game (tried with Galaga, Time Pilot, Mouse Trap, etc, all MAME) from the discovery center they all played with a very obvious lag, almost like it was skipping frames, very choppy video.  If I exit the discovery center and then launch the very same game directly from the platform view, no such performance issues appear.

Is there anything I can try to resolve this?  For the time being, I'm using the discovery center as a suggestion, then I go find the game in whatever platform and launch it there, but that's kind of a pain.

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised you are the only one that has posted about this.  I too am experiencing the same issue.  I think the discovery center is a great idea, but for sure when I launch games from it, there is a noticeable framerate drop on some games (Xevious for example comes to mind, but there are others).  As you mentioned, if I just go to the platform view (Arcade) and launch the same game there, it works 100% fine with no issues.  I've got 32Gb RAM and a nice video card - only seems to be a problem with Discovery Center.  I hope they fix whatever the issue is, because like you mentioned, I still use it to discover games, but end up switching over to the platform view to actually launch the game which takes away from the experience.