LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box crash on platform selection for only one platform

Surfdeign

I've submitted this on the bitbucket error log a few days ago as well. 

After updating to 13.11 Big Box will crash ONLY on the Nintendo Switch platform when selected. It did not do this on the previous version and nothing was changed for the platform. This happens on any theme I try including the default one. Any idea from the below crash report?

Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

App:     Big Box
Version: 13.11
Theme:   Simple Vision
Type:    System.OverflowException
Site:    Int32 Sum[TSource](System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[TSource], System.Func`2[TSource,System.Int32])
Source:  System.Linq

at System.Linq.Enumerable.Sum[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 selector)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.FilterDetailsViewModel.ValidateStruct(IPlatform first, IEnumerable`1 second)
   at ProcessorBase.DisableCustomer(Object , IPlatform first, IEnumerable`1 second, ProcessorBase )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.FilterDetailsViewModel..ctor(Platform platform, IEnumerable`1 games)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.PlatformFiltersViewModelBase.LoadDetails(Guid instance)
   at ProductDispatcher.DisableCustomer(Object , Guid instance, ProductDispatcher )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.FiltersViewModelBase.<>c__DisplayClass222_0.IncludeAttr()
   at System.Threading.Thread.StartHelper.Callback(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

Recent Log:

6:30:14 PM Exception

Thanks for any insight...

This error typically means when we add all the numbers together for an aggregate stat that the number was larger than the max value for that type of number. I thought we had all that functionality moved to a type that had the increased maximum value but we may have missed one. Typically when you get this error something happened to either your play count or play time on one of the games and it's unrealistically large and it causes the issue down stream. I'd run an audit on that platform and make sure the play count/times look correct on all the records. You should be able to use either the Audit tool or List View and sort by that column to easily see if anything stands out as the obvious cause of what you're seeing.

11 hours ago, Surfdeign said:

Yup, don't know how but I have 2 games that have a billion and a million play counts. It looks like editing the xmal is only way to update this?

It's the only way to update it with a new number. You can clear that stat and set them both to 0 in LaunchBox by right clicking that game and there are options to reset those stats in the context menu that opens up. If you choose to alter the XAML file make sure you do so with LaunchBox closed or the app probably won't grab the new number and will overwrite your change next time it saves.