LaunchBox Community Forums

Overlay artwork

Gamer Grug

Hi all, just started getting into setting up my cocktail arcade machine with Launchbox/Bigbox and have a question.  This is probably a silly question as I havent been able to find information about it anywhere.  I have installed a few bigbox themes and have a few MAME games loaded, but it looks different to what I see in a lot of youtube videos.  The youtube videos show artwork overlayed on top of the video that slide/animate in.  Mine shows just the video snap or screenshot.  Is there a trick to this?  I cant seem to find artwork separately to get it working like that.  Am I not showing certain elements?  Is this just a video that includes those animations?  I will try to attach an example screenshot to show what i mean.  This is the CoinOP theme. 

Hope someone can help explain this for me!

Thanks!

Snip20240208_1.png

The videos you are referring to are called "Theme Videos" and can be grabbed during import or by using the "Download Metadata and Media Wizard". They are hosted by EmuMovies and so to grab them from LaunchBox you DO need to have an active EmuMovies license and your credentials entered into LaunchBox. Once that is done run either tool and in the page where you select EmuMovies media to grab I believe the Theme Videos typically are the bottom most row. Make sure to check that box. For the theme to use them you may also need to go to Options inside of LaunchBox and change your Video Priorities so that Theme Videos have a higher priority than gameplay videos. Once that is done you should see something similar to the YouTube screenshot you're showing.

The other discrepancy you see is the marquee. They downloaded Arcade - Marquee images and you have not so the theme is falling back to manually creating one with a blurred background and your clear logo.