LaunchBox Community Forums

Change game file without losing game playtime

Hello!

I have a lot of PSX games (~900 games) on .bin and .img. Yesterday I decided to download a whole .chd collection, which will allow me to have more games using the same HDD space. The problem is I already have some game stats on my .bin and .img games. I'm mostly worried about playtime, every game has its playtime in the game selection screen and I don't want to lose that when I swap the games on the library.

For example, Crash Bandicoot 2 is in the following location and uses the following file: "D:\Downloads\ROMs\ROM drive 2 (PSX)\Crash 2.bin"

And it's going to be swapped to "D:\PSX New\Crash Bandicoot 2 - Cortex Strikes Back (USA).chd".

I have 33 minutes of playtime in this game, as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Is there any way to make this change WITHOUT losing the play stats on my games? And not by hand, because it's around 930 games. I did some tests deleting the old game in LB and adding it again with the new .chd file and location, but the stats always resets to 0.

Thank you!

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by k4rm4c0r3
typo

5 hours ago, k4rm4c0r3 said:

Hello!

I have a lot of PSX games (~900 games) on .bin and .img. Yesterday I decided to download a whole .chd collection, which will allow me to have more games using the same HDD space. The problem is I already have some game stats on my .bin and .img games. I'm mostly worried about playtime, every game has its playtime in the game selection screen and I don't want to lose that when I swap the games on the library.

For example, Crash Bandicoot 2 is in the following location and uses the following file: "D:\Downloads\ROMs\ROM drive 2 (PSX)\Crash 2.bin"

And it's going to be swapped to "D:\PSX New\Crash Bandicoot 2 - Cortex Strikes Back (USA).chd".

I have 33 minutes of playtime in this game, as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Is there any way to make this change WITHOUT losing the play stats on my games? And not by hand, because it's around 930 games. I did some tests deleting the old game in LB and adding it again with the new .chd file and location, but the stats always resets to 0.

Thank you!

Screenshot_1.png

Couple ways you could try (create a backup of your data files before trying any of these, just in case):

• The offline method:
    • Use the ROM Import wizard to import all your new files
    • Edit the PlayStation platform and make sure the Games folder is correct, under the Folders tab
    • Run the Removed ROMs tool under Tools > Scan > For Removed ROMs for Sony PlayStation
  • The online method:
    • Sign into (or register for) the Games DB in LaunchBox (if you haven't already) under Tools > Cloud
    • Once you are logged in, make sure Game Statistics Syncing is enabled (This will sync all of your game stats for games that are linked to a LB Games ID)
    • At this point, it doesn't matter if you delete the entire platform and re-import, your game statistics will get downloaded from the cloud and re-associated with your games

• Like 1