LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't seem to pare down my mame 0.263 romset on export.

butchnap

Hi there - Like the title says, I'm trying to pare down my mame rom set for a smaller overall filesize. I've watched the retro game corps video on it and I have done it that way in the past, but it doesn't appear to work for me now. I've tried it using both a merged and non-merged rom set and what happens is this: I get all the way through the process of importing including skipping all the stuff I don't want.. I select all the imported roms and then export to android and let LB run its course. When done, the file size of the resulting set is the same exact size as when I started. For example, I've started the process by importing a merged set at 74.3 gb, get it paired down to around 2400 games in launchbox after skipping a bunch of games, export (NOT the full set, the first option) and then Launchbox spits out a rom set that is 74.3 gb! Anyone have any ideas? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

Nick