LaunchBox Community Forums

Launching Yuzu from BigBox does not use Yuzu's config file

drw4013

I share saves between multiple PCs. I try to set up every emulator with save games on a Network drive. For Switch games, this is done via the Switch NAND folder in Yuzu set to a network drive.  I am running Yuzu in portable mode, but had this same issue in standard mode.  If I open Yuzu and set the NAND directory to my network NAND folder, everything works great:

image.thumb.png.25b978329e3b73cafccb615a2ba90d22.png

...until I launch a game via BigBox. It defaults the NAND location to the default for wherever the Yuzu emulator is:

image.thumb.png.b67878f65d86a560394755f9a7ac3e16.png

So I suspect launching a Yuzu game via cmd does not actually check the Yuzu qt-config.ini file.  That file show the correct network location for NAND.

Yuzu support has been erased due to the recent legal issues. Ryujinx doesn't allow me to set the NAND location (that I can see?)

I tried a hard link junction in Windows, but this was super slow when saving a game. I tried sumbolic links, but Yuzu actually doesn't even load from BigBox with those (?).

Does anyone know if there is any way to launch a game in Yuzu from BigBox, but not bypass the Yuzu Config file?

Edited by drw4013

I found this which seems to indicate the Yuzu-cmd.exe works well with BigBox, but doesn't use the Yuzu setting file (my problem).

I'm not using the -cmd.exe, the game loads, but doesn't use the settings file.

Yuzu works OK from LB/BB and/or command prompt

I use LB/BB across two PCs and have done quite a bit to make it seamless between each system. that being I use controller "A" on PC "A" and controller "B" on PC "B". Yuzu remembers controllers by their GUID so if I setup PC "A" to work fine, and then launch it with PC "B", inputs will not work because it's still expecting controller "A". This means it uses the config file as it's supposed to, no bypassing occurs. The same GUID stays present in the config until I change it.

no idea what you're doing to accomplish this issue but it's not the fault of a frontend or launching via command prompt. It does allude to that Yuzu sees no config file, due to the fact Yuzu will load all the default paths like that when it needs to generate a brand new config.

the only way I got this path to change by simply launching Yuzu (double click launch at that) is if said path does not exist. same thing as above, if Yuzu cannot find this path (NAND or SD Card), it will instead use the defaults which means it will edit the existing config in this scenario.

50 minutes ago, skizzosjt said:

Yuzu works OK from LB/BB and/or command prompt

I use LB/BB across two PCs and have done quite a bit to make it seamless between each system. that being I use controller "A" on PC "A" and controller "B" on PC "B". Yuzu remembers controllers by their GUID so if I setup PC "A" to work fine, and then launch it with PC "B", inputs will not work because it's still expecting controller "A". This means it uses the config file as it's supposed to, no bypassing occurs. The same GUID stays present in the config until I change it.

no idea what you're doing to accomplish this issue but it's not the fault of a frontend or launching via command prompt. It does allude to that Yuzu sees no config file, due to the fact Yuzu will load all the default paths like that when it needs to generate a brand new config.

the only way I got this path to change by simply launching Yuzu (double click launch at that) is if said path does not exist. same thing as above, if Yuzu cannot find this path (NAND or SD Card), it will instead use the defaults which means it will edit the existing config in this scenario.

Maybe something with using a network share for the NAND location?  This ONLY happens when launching via BB after first booting up.

I cannot figure out a way to resolve this or a different way to share the NAND across different PCs.  Ryujinx has it's own problems (separate thread).

Not to mention that using symbolic links to the network drive makes Yuzu not even load from BigBox? It's like The network location can't be found unless Explorer/Yuzu/some other program connects to it first?

1 minute ago, drw4013 said:

Maybe something with using a network share for the NAND location?  This ONLY happens when launching via BB after first booting up.

I cannot figure out a way to resolve this or a different way to share the NAND across different PCs.  Ryujinx has it's own problems (separate thread).

there are ways. one is keep the files where they are supposed to be by default. instead, use a script to copy folder A to folder B at exit of emulator (or vise versa). for ex

launch game with emulator A. play game, game creates/updates save files. exit game. script copies save data location from emulator A, to emulator B save data location, overwriting existing data. you can sync files across your systems through your network, rather than have them live on what I assume is acting like a NAS.

9 minutes ago, drw4013 said:

I was gonna say prove that yourself by trying a local location, but then thought, I can try too in a few mins. I got it to work OK when not assigning a drive letter to the network share, just calling directly to the share like this

image.thumb.png.838c1147e970256fb7cd96dcc65225bc.png

it did not get changed from launching through LB/BB/command line

I then made it with a drive letter like this

image.thumb.png.c90008d9753b80f41ecb8a6ab9b26361.png

still works fine

I then disconnect the mapped network disk, so T: no longer exists. As expected it reverts back to the default location based on the location of the exe at time of launch

image.thumb.png.3fe374e22ddb9ca452f5428262fde20f.png

I'm stumped to be honest, but I know beyond any reasonable doubt it's not related to a frontend or command line launching. Something is unique to your setup and causing it to occur.  It is potentially related to a network issue, but take that with a dump truck full of salt because like I said, I'm stumped on what could be a root cause. Only good I've done is prove a few things aren't the problem. It's progress, but I'm not sure what to test next to narrow it further

So I'm trying with symbolic links again now.

start pc, load game via LB/BB - Yuzu crashes (??? I would expect it to just "not find" the nand and revert to default...)

start pc, load Yuzu, start game via Yuzu...works fine.