LaunchBox Community Forums

No Write Access Permissions after 13.12 update

I just updated to latest 13.12 update, and when I try to open Launchbox I got a error message about Write Access Permissions.

Screenshot2024-03-11193025.thumb.png.915deb054b26dcc70c0bfee073b1942b.png

This folder does have FULL permissions. I am not moving LB to a new folder, I have been using this folder on all previous versions. Can I rollback my installation to 13.11? I've never had an issue like this after installing LB. I am sure others have this issue too.

This error would occur if that individual file was set to read-only or if it was open in another application for some reason and not the folder as a whole. That being said if you want to try to rollback you can. Go to \\LaunchBox\Updates\ and run the installer in there.

13 hours ago, kajunpoon said:

you can try this

Right click folder Launchbox - property - security - edit - add - advanced - find and select "everyone" - check "fully control"

doing this did the trick, even though I could have sworn I did this years ago. Thank you.