LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox with ScreenScraper?

Job76

Hi, 

I'm trying to use screenscraper for scraping my games, and import these into LaunchBox.  I have set ScreenScraper to use LaunchBox and the path is correct. LaunchBox does not seem to accept these xml files, but it does accept the images. 

So if I scrape the games, an xml file is created under platform(?) (I can't rememeber now), but LB does not use this... No games becomes available.  If I import ROMs first in LaunchBox, an XML-file is created in the same place with the same name, and the games becomes available in LB, but without images (I am not using the internal scraper). However, if I then shutdown LB and scrape the games with screenscraper, and restart LB, I have the correct images that I want (the composite images from screen scraper), but LB does not seem to use any other information that the images. 

I have set screenscraper to autohide some roms depending on the name in the files (like bios and unl, pirate etc.), and I can see that SS does auto hide, and auto favorite, games from my settings but LB does not use these settings! ? ? Many of the game that where set to hide is still visible in LB, and I need to manually go thru the list and hide them.  

Is there any way to force LB to use the XML-file created by SS to auto add the games and use the information like hide in it? 

Ps. I am using LB 13.11 since 13.12 keeps crashing for me.

many thanks,

Johan

I tested the tool, but I do not really know how to use it! Please remember that I posted in the noobs category 😉   

Anyway, I solved it partially by using two different installations of LB.   I have screenscraper scraping to a non-used LB installation, and using the other LB to scrape all "normal" meta data and images.  Once SS is finished, I simply copies all images from the non-used installation to the other installations, and sets the priority of the images to select the "game-select" image as top priority. That seems to work. I have ScreenScrapers composite images on 99,5% of the games in my LB installation.  A few seems to be missing and uses the default LB image.  I thought that I would update my post in case anyone else is searching for information on the same problem.  I still have to hide unwanted games manually, but I downloaded a custom dat file from the no-intro website, so I have already eliminated many of the unwanted roms.