LaunchBox Community Forums

Does Auto-Populate allow for OR / AND statements?

jackhulk

Hello

Does the Auto-Populate allow for OR statements? For example can I use...

Play Mode - Is Equal To - 2-Player Alternating OR 3-Player Alternating OR 3-Player Alternating

If so what is the correct way to include OR statement please? I the tried above but it didn't work, so perhaps I need to use , or / or \ or something else in order for it to work?

Or do I simply have to create an "equal to" for each separate condition?

Thank you

• Like 1

Different fields are joined via an AND statement, multiple entries of the SAME field are joined with OR. So in your example if you have "PlayMode - Equal To - 2 Player Alternating" AND "PlayMode - Equal To - 3 Player Alternating" it'd join those two with the OR you are requesting. If you added "Platform - Equal To - Arcade" however then it'd look for those Play Modes AND in the platform "Arcade".

I don't have the app up at the moment but I believe that field has a "Contains" filter type as well and so you could do a "PlayMode - Contains - Player Alternating" and only have the single line to be a bit less confusing.

• Thanks 1