LaunchBox Community Forums

Certain emulators recognize Dualsense controller while some do not

Ye Bobbum Man

Ran in to a recent issue as I have been transitioning over to Launchbox front end.  Some emulators recognize my dualsense controller while some (most notable PCSX2 for PS2 emulation) do not.  MAME does not as well.  Didn't know if anyone else had run in to this issue and had a potential fix.  

Dinput detection/use for Windows can sometimes be hit or miss. Typically I tell users asking to grab x360ce and create a virtual xbox controller bound to your dual sense and then just bind your emulators to that virtual controller. Works pretty seamlessly and you can alter the mappings per application if required as well. That being said, I don't know that I've heard of those two emulators having that issue as much as others so there may be other configuration issues going on as well.

• Thanks 1