LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox mapping xbox series x controller Left Stick and Right stick press to ALT-F4

When Launchbox is running, my xbox controller will close windows with a press of the left and right sticks.   It also closes any games I am running through multiple emulators (xemu, redream, retroarch)  If I close Launchbox, windows can no longer be closed with the left and right stick press.   I have also tried the various emulators stand alone and they also do not close.   I have narrowed this down to Launchbox.   Is there a setting I am missing to disable this?    I am runing widows 11   fully updated, controllers fully updated and latest version of all emulators and launchbox.   Thanks.

9 minutes ago, grey00hawk said:

I have narrowed this down to Launchbox.

In LaunchBox you have your controller mappings for Exit Game set to your left and right stick presses.  This essentially 'presses' Alt+F4 [on the keyboard] when you press your left and right sticks.  But only while LaunchBox is running. As you found.

9 minutes ago, grey00hawk said:

Is there a setting I am missing to disable this?

You can disable it by clearing that mapping.

Tools - Options - Game Controller - Mappings.