LaunchBox Community Forums

Fullscreen

Doobydoo

Hi so I've been trying to run this one game (lion king) in1080x1920 resolution. it's always a bit short and it bugs me as if I run it without launch box it opens fine. so I finally managed to make a custom dos conf file that would work only problem now is it starts in a small window mode first, I mean I was born in the 80s so I don't get bogged down by small inconvenieces. but I want it working for when my daughter eventually (well hopefully) starts gaming.

My question is with how to make a game run fullscreen in launch box using custom application command- line parameters

5 hours ago, Doobydoo said:

Oh well, guess I'll have to accept it lol

No. You shouldn't. ;) 

Are you saying when you launch a DOSBox game, it's starting windowed?  Is the "Start Fullscreen" checked?  Mine goes straight to full screen (after the initial command prompt window). 

I presume you're using LaunchBox's built-in DOSBox.  Maybe something else got buggered in your custom dosbox.conf file.  Those 2 highlighted things were the only things I changed (and didn't manually edit the conf file at all).  Now, where it says "edit" in my screenshot, it 1st said 'create... something something', then changed to "Edit".  What I'm getting at maybe delete your custom conf file and create a new one from scratch.  It should start full screen on its own.

• Like 1

Yeah i made a custom conf file, i got the aspect ratio perfect but at the price of starting off windowed, but if i hit alt+ enter i get it full-screen 

I was hoping there were so extra cmds i could set to force it into full-screen 

I'm considering which i prefer but I'll probably go back to the default

12 hours ago, Doobydoo said:

I was hoping there were so extra cmds i could set to force it into full-screen 

The extra command line parameter would be -fullscreen.  Which would be the same as setting in the .conf file fullscreen=true.

What all settings did you change in your custom conf file to get your aspect ratio perfect?  Can you share you conf file?   Here's the one I use for The Lion King.  dosbox.conf

Probably should have asked before.. are you using the built in DOSBox feature of LaunchBox or did you setup a 'new emulator' in LaunchBox and have you DOS games use that emulator?

Not trying to "beat a dead horse" here, but you should be able to achieve the best of both worlds. Just needs the proper finessing. :) 

3 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

The extra command line parameter would be -fullscreen.  Which would be the same as setting in the .conf file fullscreen=true.

What all settings did you change in your custom conf file to get your aspect ratio perfect?  Can you share you conf file?   Here's the one I use for The Lion King.  dosbox.conf

Probably should have asked before.. are you using the built in DOSBox feature of LaunchBox or did you setup a 'new emulator' in LaunchBox and have you DOS games use that emulator?

Not trying to "beat a dead horse" here, but you should be able to achieve the best of both worlds. Just needs the proper finese

I can give you the file if you want but i gotta warn you, i ran into some bugs. recently it seems the game will start and run fine. but if you you try to go to the 'options' (eg change difficulty or controls ) the selecter will go nuts up down right left and you won't be able to get to the game, so you have to quickly press start but on the bright side i got it into fullscreen thanks for the help there.

I'm gonna work on it some more but if you're still interested I'll send you a screenshot of the edited file, with the added bugs it is definitely not as easy to run as before 

To answer your question yes it is a DOSBox i experiment with so the conf file is there wouldn't touch the LaunchBox one it might mess with all the rest of my dos games