LaunchBox Community Forums

Could someone help a hopeless noob with a install question?

Bigfriendly

Ok, which folder (picture on the right) would be a safe place to install this where it will work properly? Just as long as I don't choose the crossed outfolders? Would it be best to go back and just make a new folder since I can't do it at this point?  Yes, I know this is painfully ignorant but I just want to be sure. Thanks:)

Untitled design (1).jpg

Launchbox install question.jpg

Edited by Bigfriendly
added to post

Ahh I see them now.  

I personally have my install on an external (4TB) SSD assigned to drive B:\ called 'Emuz'.  It all works perfect and I can always take the drive with me to use on my Laptop whilst travelling.  This drive is shadow backed up to my NAS for security.

You could use a location in a Cloud provider like shown in the Image. The limiting factor here is if your ROM collection is large and its inside the Cloud drive. I have a 1tb Onedrive but my LB collection on my 'Emuz' is currently 2.3tb. (This is my 'live' collection picked from my much larger set on my NAS).

OR you could have your LB in that 'Games' folder you have there and include it (minus the large Roms folder) in your Backups. :)

Cheers,

-SteG-

image.thumb.png.408238ecb71f80d0fd797089192100ec.png

1 minute ago, -SteG- said:

Lol yea.  These machines these days have no Floppy or DVD drives. So I thought I'd use some lower drive letters. :D

Should have shown those drive letters some respect and allowed them to stay retired! They paved the roads we now travel with their blood, sweat, and tears and you let some new thang come in and give it their title.... Have you no shame! ;)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, -SteG- said:

Well in my defence the drive is a RETRO drive.  With emulated A's and B's in Dosbox, Emulators, etc.. :) 

I'm willing to accept this as potentially valid excuse, but let's see to it that this is where your blasphemy around here comes to a screeching halt!

NOW... where were we? lol

On 4/12/2024 at 9:42 AM, Bigfriendly said:

Ok, which folder (picture on the right) would be a safe place to install this where it will work properly? Just as long as I don't choose the crossed outfolders? Would it be best to go back and just make a new folder since I can't do it at this point?  Yes, I know this is painfully ignorant but I just want to be sure. Thanks:)

What did you go with in the end Bigfriendly.  Did you get it up and running.