LaunchBox Community Forums

Box image not changing properly after chosing a different default region

Morthux

I'm adding regions to my Launchbox's library to see the different boxes but I have found a problem. After changing the default region of a game, the box changed to match that region (Japan). But after putting it back to the previous region (USA), the japanese image was still there. I tried rebooting Launchbox and pressing the refresh image (F5) with no success. 

PD1: Is there a way to download every box region when the games are unified into one? Launchbox only downloads the default region. I'm planning on adding every region to Launchbox for the boxes, but if I have to separate the games, download metadata, and then unified them, it is going to take hundreds of hours of work this way.

PD2: When the games are unified and there are multiple regions... Is there an easy way to see the different boxes in 3D without having to change the default region?

LaunchBox will only download and display region correct artwork for the game in question. Your region priority only comes into play if the game has multiple regions assigned, we will grab artwork in priority order (stopping at the first one with artwork). Otherwise, we only grab images that match the region or have the world region assigned to them if no region correct image is available.

If you ever want to actually SEE the images in the UI I'd just suggest leaving the games separated out, otherwise you are just wasting your time and drive space trying to get images for every region.

If you ever want to actually SEE the images in the UI I'd just suggest leaving the games separated out

I'll do that then in the meantime. I'll create categories for each region. I will make the suggestion in the forum.