LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing folder does not list new games

The problem only happens when I try to import games for the Microsoft Xbox platform using the folder option. Any other platform works as expected. Steps I did:

1. I added a few new games in the Microsoft Xbox folder
  2. Use import and selected the folder where my Xbox games are
  3. And the list is just empty

I have no idea why the list is empty. And like I said, this is the only platform this happens.

• 2 months later...

I have no idea either. I already tried many things without success. I tried importing .iso/.xiso and neither shows up in the list. I tried deleting the platform and adding it again and I still get the same result. The only option for me to add new games to this platform is by using the files option. I just add all the games in the folder to the list and then only the new games show up as new. It would be nice if a moderator can confirm if this is a bug in launchbox.

• 5 weeks later...

I have the same problem.

I was running out of space on my ROM drive, so I installed additional drive and moved all my PS2 and OG XBOX ROM's there. Decided that best course of action will be deleting all PS2 and OG XBOX games from Launchbox library and re-import them from new location. Importing PS2 games went smoothly, with no problems. But when trying to import OG XBOX games, there is nothing, list of games to import is ZERO. I tried multiple things inc adding 1-2 games manually deleting and restoring the platform, getting different xiso's and iso's that are confirmed xemu can run... NO DICE. I still can import games for other platforms, and I have no problem at all. It seems that only OG XBOX have this problem.

Did Dev's acknowledged the problem?

~romeo01

No dev has replied to this issue at all which I find amusing since there're quite a few people with this problem. At least, I can still use the import files option instead of the folder option. Otherwise I will be definitely not happy. 

Hi Folks,

Apologies for the problems experienced here, I'm going to try and run some tests with this and bring this up with the team to see if we can reproduce this. I'll make sure to report back with what we find.

Appreciate you bearing with us here

• Thanks 2

Hi Folks,

Just a quick update that we managed to reproduce this and it does indeed seem to only affect the OG Xbox platform and importing via the ROM wizard and selecting `use folder`. We've queued this up to get looked at and addressed. I can't say exactly which release this will go out in, but I've taken note of it so that I can update this post once it hits a release.

Luckily, as you correctly mentioned, importing OG Xbox games through other methods like `use file` on the importer, `drag & drop` and using `auto-import` feature will still work. I know it's not ideal if you don't use those features, but hopefully, one of those alternatives can let you get your games in until we can get this fixed. 

Thanks for flagging this and apologise for the delay in catching on to this, we really appreciate you bearing with us here 🙌

• Thanks 2