LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame .265 Track & Field Missing

Noob question....I noticed that Track & Field is missing from my Launchbox list, but if I go directly into Mame, it's working fine.  I tried directly importing that one game into Launchbox.  It acted like it was importing, but it did not show up.  How do I get this game added?  Additionally, how do I determine if there are others missing?  I was specifically looking for this game which is how I discovered it was missing, but it makes me wonder what else I actually HAVE, but Launchbox is not displaying for me.

Okay...I figured out how to force add it manually.  However, I'm still not sure why it wasn't there in the first place?  How do I audit to find out what else is in the Mame roms folder and is working, but isn't acknowledged by Launchbox?

Just now, Daliant said:

Try to find the game Hyper Olimpic in  your list. Maybe the game is added with alternative name.

Thanks, I just looked at that game and the alternative apps that are used for it.  Track & Field is not listed as an alternate.

When you import a mame romset you must select which import options you want during the wizard. If your main region is Japan, the names that will be assigned to the roms will be those of the region selected as the main one.

You should not be missing any roms from your roms folder in Launchbox, unless you have selected options such as downloading slot machines, or non-working roms.

What can happen is that the rom is imported with a main name that does not correspond to the name of your region.

In the case of Track & Field, the alternative name for this rom is Hyper Olympic, therefore if your main region is set to Japan, the rom will appear with the name Hyper Olympic and not as Track & Field.

You can change the main name by editing the game properties in the corresponding section.

If you notice that you are missing any other rom in your list, just try searching for it with its alternative name, you will see that it will appear in your list that way.

5 minutes ago, Daliant said:

When you import a mame romset you must select which import options you want during the wizard. If your main region is Japan, the names that will be assigned to the roms will be those of the region selected as the main one.

You should not be missing any roms from your roms folder in Launchbox, unless you have selected options such as downloading slot machines, or non-working roms.

What can happen is that the rom is imported with a main name that does not correspond to the name of your region.

In the case of Track & Field, the alternative name for this rom is Hyper Olympic, therefore if your main region is set to Japan, the rom will appear with the name Hyper Olympic and not as Track & Field.

You can change the main name by editing the game properties in the corresponding section.

If you notice that you are missing any other rom in your list, just try searching for it with its alternative name, you will see that it will appear in your list that way.

Makes sense, but I definitely selected "USA" for the region when I imported.  I don't have Hyper Olympic either.  For some reason this game was completely left out as if it's missing from the list that LB is looking for when it does the full import.  I'm not sure where to find that list.

4 hours ago, 80sArcade said:

Makes sense, but I definitely selected "USA" for the region when I imported.  I don't have Hyper Olympic either.  For some reason this game was completely left out as if it's missing from the list that LB is looking for when it does the full import.  I'm not sure where to find that list.

Did you use the Full Mame Rom Set Import option or the File Import option? 

Just tested importing against 265 and 266 mame rom sets and Track & Field imports fine if you do not uncheck any of the default settings in the import wizard. In the setting below I set North America as the Region and even allowed the Play Choice-10 option since there is a Track & Filed version there and you can see it imports both of them fine. 

If you used the Full Mame Rom set option you can simply rerun it over top of the existing install and see if it works again. If you did the file import option it would be best to delete the games from the arcade platform and import again. 

Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 8.47.21 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 8.48.29 PM.png

Thank you for the detailed info.  As far as I am aware, I used the full import and left everything checked.  I followed the official video by LaunchBox.  If I overlay it again, will it overwrite any of the work I've done hiding games that I don't want to have show up, or modify the playlists I've created?