LaunchBox Community Forums

Ryujinx

• 1 month later...

I just ran into the same issue. Not all games do it however. I have not tested all the games, but Apollo Justice Ace Attorney Trilogy is the one that only opens through Ryujinx itself that I encountered it. Other games I have tried so far launch fine from Launchbox. I also started not even showing the game list any longer after a few more tries. I reduce the startup screen delay to see what is going on in the background while launching, and now it just shows a black screen in Ryujinx and then just closes out the emulator entirely now that I can see. At first at least it was just going back to the game list. No startup parameters are set in Launchbox for Ryujinx. I saw an earlier thread of someone having this issue here form a few months ago and that person said they had the -g parameter set that was causing them to kick back to the Ryujinx game list when launching a game. But I have no parameters set at all. I also tried in Ryujinx turning off show console and start in full screen and neither works. Again several other games work fine. For curiosity, I also tried the option from Ryujinx to load application from file, and it opened the NSP for the game fine that way as well. 

Even having Ryujinx open ahead of time does not seem to help. I just tried again and it did at least randomly go back to kicking out to the Ryujinx game list. Pretty sure if I try to mention this issue at the Ryujinx Github they will probably dismiss it as it works fine from withing their own emulator game list. Just really weird.

Also not seeing any errors in the Ryujinx logs, just seems to be closing it out outright or just kicking out to the game list. I also just tried a combination of changing parameters like remove quotes, remove space before rom, and remove file extension and folder path. That actually replicated the behavior of the game that is not working with other games when playing around with those parameters in Launchbox. So it does seem to be just failing at loading the game properly from Launchbox to Ryujinx if I can get the same result with those parameters affecting other games that work otherwise. I even tried other games that have longer names or any special characters like - or & and still they work fine while so far Apollo Justice does not. Not sure why only this game found the ones I have tried is affected. 

I am leaning towards the issue being with the emulator, but the problem is how to convince them since there are no errors on their end. 

One more update: 
I launched every one of the games in my Switch library and only Apollo Justice Ace Attorney Trilogy fails in this way. Not sure if anyone else has tried another front end as a last resort to completely rule out Launchbox. It is looking more and more it is just Ryujinx itself causing this behavior with Launchbox and some games for some people. 

Edited by Terminator23