LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox launched Dolphin does not see my controllers

Saff

Standalone Dolphin works flawlessly. Launchbox and all other emulators work great, too. However, whenever I launch Dolphin from Launchbox and no matter how I launch Dolphin from Launchbox, my controllers no longer work. I have tried Right Click, open Dolphin. I have tried opening the game. I have tried setting .iso to open with Dolphin, and directing Launchbox to launch the iso without an emulator.  All these methods the controllers stop working.  If I double click the iso directly, it launches standalone through Dolphin and the game and controllers work perfectly.  Dolphin and controls only do not work when launched through Launchbox.  

I have only one Dolphin.exe. My Dolphin install is default with no changes (still is -b -e and nothing else) UMAP is the only additional app that also launches, and it is required (although I removed it and still got the error)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Dolphin twice trying to fix this issue. Once from Windows directly. I once from Launchbox. I am using the latest Dolphin, 5.0 21460. I am using Launchbox 13.14

I have opened two instances of the same Dolphin.exe at the same time. One standalone and one Launched from Launchbox. While both were open, I tested my controller on standalone, and it worked. Then tested it on Launchbox launched Dolphin, and no response. Went back to Standalone, and it still worked there. These were 2 side by side instances of the same Dolphin.exe running at the same time.

My setup. I have an arcade cabinet filled with a Windows PC.  My player 1 control stick is an Ultimarc analog that requires UMAP to alter which control type is needed per game. All Dolphin games are set to analog. (I even removed this from running from Launchbox, and Dolphin still did not work when launched from Launchbox) I also have 10 buttons for player 1. Player 2 is a normal 8-way joystick with 10 buttons.  Everything, except the Ultimarc is set to a keyboard button.  XOutput then combines these 2 controllers into 2 separate Xinput controllers.  HidHide is also being used to to control which programs see Xinput and which programs see regular keyboard buttons. This combination works wonders for everything except Steam, where it only works well (I have to unhide some games from HidHide to work on Steam, and others have to remain hidden, so it just takes time and troubleshooting)

Thank for you any help. I found two other, very similar posts on these forums, both with 0 replies at all. So, others have been affected, but no one has had answers.

• 1 month later...

I actually had the same problem as you and spent quite some time trying to find the reason behind it. My situation was exactly the same:

• Launching GameCube games with the Dolphin emulator as standalone and my controller (An 8bitdo Ultimate) worked just fine
  • Launching GameCube games via Launchbox and my controller did not work.

I think this problem might have started when Launchbox introduced the auto update of emulators via its GUI - but I'm not sure.. Anyway the problem I had (and that you might have is this):

On my computer I have my Dolphin emulator folder - let's say it is: "C:\Emulators\Dolphin-x64\". Whenever I started the dolphin emulator from there everything worked just fine. But, then I realized there was another folder within that folder called "Dolphin" as well. This folder seemed to contain all the necessary files as well but when I ran the "C:\Emulators\Dolphin-x64\Dolphin\Dolphin.exe" file my controller did not work. If I used the "C:\Emulators\Dolphin-x64 \Dolphin.exe" file though, the controller worked just fine.

I checked the Emulator setting for Dolphin i Launchbox and it was pointing to the "C:\Emulators\Dolphin-x64\Dolphin\Dolphin.exe" file instead of the "C:\Emulators\Dolphin-x64\Dolphin.exe" file. Once I changed it, everything worked just fine again.

So, make sure you are pointing to the "correct" Dolphin.exe file from Launchbox via Menu >> Tools >> Manage >> Emulators >> Dolphin, and check the Application Path:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the attempt! I just saw this; I had already given up on getting an answer.

I do not have a second Dolphin.exe on my computer. I wrote a very simple open script and pointed Launchbox to it (as a test), but I get the exact same results. I can open Dolphin.exe or the open script, manually; and it Dolphin and my controllers work.  But if I open either from Launchbox, Dolphin opens and my controllers do not work, although they appear in the settings.

My Dolphin folders are installed in my emulators folder in Launchbox. Both are on my D:. I cannot imagine that matters, though.