LaunchBox Community Forums

High Idle CPU Use - Sluggish Behaviour

Why is LB using 18-30% CPU on a 12 core system when sitting for 10 min?

7Aj5UXP.pngurIbHg0.png

If LB is doing something, I want to see some sort of progress bar somewhere so I know its doing something. Clicking on different systems is sluggish taking several seconds instead of 1 like it should. Is this a caching issue with LB? I dont have these issues in BigBox so it has to be cashe related as it feels like its trying to load images when i click rather than having them pre-loaded? This causes all sorts of janky behavior on large collections. Perhaps it is theme related? Let me know if you also have a large collection and dont have this issue (system selection should happen near instantly for example)

It just idling at high CPU use is weird and confusing.

I let it sit to sort itself out but the issue remains. No audio or video is playing.

It's likely caused by image caching. I took a quick look at Steamy and I didn't actually put the caching progress bar in that theme (like I admittedly should have). In that theme there is no way to see visually in the UI that LaunchBox is caching images.

Thanks for the reply. The cpu went down where it should after an hour or so. i wish i could tell it to stop whatever its doing when im doing work building in it so the UI doesnt get bogged down.

Thanks!

Caching is done off thread, UI operations have to be done on the primary. The two shouldn't really affect each other much. The only "bog down" you should notice is it takes longer to see grid images that don't have the cache already built.