LaunchBox Community Forums

High Scores stopped saving

In NBA Jam on MAME, it give you the ability to track your progress by entering your initials plus month and day of birth. For some reason in the last 12 months, when I complete a game it's no longer saving the progress. Couple of questions:

• Is this in the context of MAME considered a High Score?
  • If so, does this get stored in the nvram?
  • Has anything changed in BigBox in the last 12 months to affect the saving of High Scores?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TIGER8855 said:

In NBA Jam on MAME, it give you the ability to track your progress by entering your initials plus month and day of birth. For some reason in the last 12 months, when I complete a game it's no longer saving the progress. Couple of questions:

• Is this in the context of MAME considered a High Score?
  • If so, does this get stored in the nvram?
  • Has anything changed in BigBox in the last 12 months to affect the saving of High Scores?

it also happens to me for many games, for example Popeye, Super Punchout, Mat Mania and many others work perfectly and load the hiscore to BigBox, while instead Krull, Dragonninja and others (that I don't remember) don't save in the hiscore database of BigBox🙄 . In mame 0.267 everything works perfectly for these games too, the saves are saved now in the hiscore folder instead of hi

Edited by Sbaby

High score logic hasn't been touched in a significant amount of time and so there are no recent changes that would have broken functionality. If you enable debug logging inside of LaunchBox and attempt to play that game and set a high score there should be quite a few log entries in there related to the feature and could potentially shed some light on why the score isn't submitted.