LaunchBox Community Forums

"The ROM file you've specified does not exist" appears when launching a game

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone

I always get the error "The ROM file you've specified does not exist" appears when launching a game. Haven't played for quite a while but updated launchbox quite often and may also changed the harddisk letter during that time.

image.png.1b07facff0d392b63196d625896b86fe.png

Problem is them games don't start even i do the following steps:

image.png.df11d5bd453550a3f644757b047763e7.png

choose the folder where all my GameBoy games are:

image.thumb.png.cde3b363bfaaaba35eb6920060e57543.png

The systems stats to scan and it looks fine at the end. If i close the dialog and wanna start a game the error message still appears, If i delete a game and import it back it works. Problem is i lose all the shaders that way. Any advice? Thanks

Edited by OlDirty

• OlDirty changed the title to "The ROM file you've specified does not exist" appears when launching a game

Tools > File Management has a way of changing file paths for already imported games. Select all the ones that you want to modify and then select that menu option to change which root folder those files are in.