LaunchBox Community Forums

Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.

I've added media to all of my arcade roms, and just a few of them don't work anymore. 

What happens: As soon as I click on the game in Launchbox, I'll get this error message

Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 13.15
Theme:   Default
Type:    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
Site:    Void ThrowArgumentOutOfRange_BadYearMonthDay()
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.LocalDbSearchResultGame..ctor(DbGame game, String region)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.LocalDbSearchResult..ctor(DbGame game, String region)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.LocalDb.GetGameById(Int32 id)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Data.GameSuggester.GetSuggestions(GameBase game, Int32 max, Boolean allowSameDbId)
   at ConfigCollectionProducer.InstantiateObservableWrapper(Object , GameBase game, Int32 max, Boolean allowSameDbId, ConfigCollectionProducer )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Data.GameSuggester.GetSuggestions(Int32 max, Boolean allowSameDbId)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.GameDetailsViewModel.ManageCompositeUtils()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.CancelStatelessParameter(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.ReadMultipartDic()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

Recent Log:

15:07:41 Exception

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I already have removed the concerning roms completly from the database and also forced update game database, both didn't help at all. As soon as I am going to import the game again, I also get the same error, when I'm going to click on them.

Also it has nothing to do with the media, as If I am adding the fiel again (my to go game is btw robocop) and don't add any media, I get the same error.

Thanks for your help, because the concering few roms are some of the best and it would be sad, not being able to use them anymore :(

Update: It seems like the game doesn't get imported at all anymore. Even it shows up in Launchbox with picture and everything. But as soon as I close Launchbox completely and restart it, the game doesn't show up anymore in the database.

So there seems to be a bigger problem? 

The error you were seeing was related to a bad change in the Games Database. I've manually corrected it and am rebuilding the XML files. To correct on your end do the following:

Open LaunchBox
Do NOT select a game
Go Tools > Download > Force Download Games Database (may not be the exact string)
Let it run and then you should be good to run like normal

• Like 1

19 hours ago, C-Beats said:

The error you were seeing was related to a bad change in the Games Database. I've manually corrected it and am rebuilding the XML files. To correct on your end do the following:

Open LaunchBox
Do NOT select a game
Go Tools > Download > Force Download Games Database (may not be the exact string)
Let it run and then you should be good to run like normal

I have this error. I also hid all the games with no front box art. What is troubling me now is BigBox isn't loading, all I see is "BigBox" logo on my desktop wallpaper, my CPU hits 60% (according to task manager), and BigBox freezes. Could these 2 issues be related?