LaunchBox Community Forums

Jpac button only working on release (not press)

Hi All

Wondering if someone can assist. I'm trying to play my arcade games, and the player 2 (button 6, which is mapped to heavy kick) is only working when I release the button,not as soon as I press it like the others. Also while it is held down, player 1 controls stop working. I've figured out it's not a steam issue or an emulator issue. Is this a Jpac issue? How would I go about trying to solve this

Any assistance would be appreciated 

PXL_20240713_065726227.jpg

PXL_20240713_065721555.jpg

4 hours ago, Orrmighty said:

Wondering if someone can assist. I'm trying to play my arcade games, and the player 2 (button 6, which is mapped to heavy kick) is only working when I release the button,not as soon as I press it like the others. Also while it is held down, player 1 controls stop working. I've figured out it's not a steam issue or an emulator issue. Is this a Jpac issue? How would I go about trying to solve this

Try unchecking the Shift checkbox.  As 'Shift', when pressed [and held] down it's waiting for a 2nd control to be pressed to perform the 2nd controls "Shifted" function.  If a 2nd control (button) isn't pressed when it's released, it [then] executes it assigned function (Heavy Kick).  Since button-6 is a lesser used control, it makes sense to assign that one as the Shift key. But if you don't ever make use of shift functions, un-assign it.  Or, un-assign it there and assign it to a different control that 'makes sense to you'.

Look around at the other controls and see if any of them have something assign to "Shifted".  My guess is you might find one that's for [keyboard] Enter and one for [keyboard] Escape.