LaunchBox Community Forums

Some uninstalled games continue to display when filtering by Installed = Yes

Hi all. First off, let me say I'm not terribly savvy with Launchbox. It's a fantastic tool that meets my needs - I simpy use it as a game organizer.

Lately, I've noticed that when I start LB and I filter by "Installed - Yes", there are several games that persistently show up even though they are not installed. If I right click on one of the unistalled game tiles and click away, then reset the "Installed" filter to "No", then set it back to "Yes", the uninstalled game tile no longer displays. If I restart LB, the uninstalled games return to the display. Have I set something up incorrectly?

Screenshot added just to show the right-click menu. Again, please note, I do not actually select anything... I just click away after the right-click menu comes up, then toggle the filter option to No then back to Yes.

Thanks in advance.

right_click_menu.png

Edited by bradr999
clarity

We check install state on startup for certain storefronts using that storefronts files/registry. Would appear that you have a storefront that either doesn't realize that game is installed, or didn't clean up the files properly. I'd try to leave LaunchBox closed and then open and close that storefront launcher and see if that sets the files/registry entries correctly.

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the suggestion. I attempted it but the games remain when LB is relaunched.

I have determined that 11 of the 12 games are on the Epic storefront. The last one is from Steam. None of the games display as installed when I view them from their respective storefront. Just for grins I tried closing LB, then installed one of the Epic games and launched LB. I filtered by 'Installed - Yes' and verified the game displayed and displayed the "Play" button. I then closed LB, uninstalled the game directly from the Epic store and relaunched LB. After filtering, the game still appears.

Oddly, now the "Play" button has been replaced with the "Install" button.

Please see screenshot. It shows the filter selection "Installed - Yes", along with the game Among Trees with the 'Install" button available to the right.

Thanks.

Filter applied_Play button present.png

Edited by bradr999