LaunchBox Community Forums

Hello all, I just found the bezel launcher plugin and its amazing! My question is the shaders have to be in .png format and i'd like to add a curvature crt scanline shader if possible. I've googled around for a while and cant seem to find and available. Anyone have any idea when to find one? Thanks

58 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I just found the bezel launcher plugin and its amazing!

Thanks!  Glad you like it!

For future reference, you question would be better suited on the BezelLauncher support page.

58 minutes ago, Lenny said:

i'd like to add a curvature crt scanline shader if possible.

If the " curvature crt scanline shader" is the one I'm thinking of, it's not possible with the BezelLauncher plugin. To get those to work would take a lot of fenagling and possibly third-party resources.

The scanline that's provided with the plugin is a tiny 4x4 png file that is multiplied to fill the viewable area. I don't think putting in a full-sized image with curvatures will work.  You might be able to find bezels that have the TV bezel (curvature part) built in.

Thanks for the reply Joe! Amazing work on this! I will look around to see if I can find a curvature png that will work. Is there any chance you could talk to Jason about integrating Bezel launcher into launchbox? I feel like this is the missing link for retro OCD!

you

38 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Is there any chance you could talk to Jason about integrating Bezel launcher into launchbox?

I could, but don't think it would do much good. 

Your best bet would be to post a Feature Request.  (Top of this page, Help & Support - Request a Feature)

Once requested, and enough people express interest (vote on it), then 'the powers to be' will think about it.  If they feel it's a worthwhile venture (cost, time, public interest, and probably a bunch of other Admin-type stuff), then they might put it to a public poll.  IF it gets enough votes, then they might think about it more.  But even then, there are NO guarantees it would get added.  But 'someone' needs to get ball rolling by 1st submitting a feature request. ;) 

That said, if you can live without the "curvature crt scanline shader" thingy (lol. Shows how much I know about it), the plugin seems to work just as well.  As if it were built in.  You might say it is pseudo 'integrated' (as in, once installed and setup, it starts and works within LaunchBox).  Just not "built in".  Semantics. :D