LaunchBox Community Forums

Apple II with mame

papion23

Greetings everyone,

I hope this message finds you well and that you're enjoying your time here. I’m excited to share that this is my first post, and quite possibly not the last. Over the past year, I’ve been dedicated to working on an Apple II emulator using MAME, after initially using AppleWin. While AppleWin served its purpose, I decided to give MAME a try, and I must say, it’s proven to be the superior option for Apple II emulation.

MAME offers a more reliable and accurate emulation experience, ensuring that everything functions as it should. The controllers, for instance, work seamlessly, and for those that don't, simply pressing the "Scroll Lock" key on your keyboard effectively simulates using the Apple II keyboard itself. On the other hand, I found AppleWin to be a bit finicky at times; certain features would occasionally fail to work as expected. While I appreciate the efforts of the AppleWin developers, MAME stands out as the more dependable choice.

For those who are interested in emulating the Apple II using MAME, I’m more than happy to assist. Feel free to reach out to me via direct message, and I’ll gladly share my setup with you. I can provide a batch file that you can use as a template. All you need to do is add your games and create a corresponding batch file for each game. This will make the process straightforward and hassle-free.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to helping anyone who wants to explore the world of Apple II emulation with MAME. Much LOVE

Screenshot 2024-08-22 111235.png

Screenshot 2024-08-22 111255.png

Screenshot 2024-08-22 111311.png

Screenshot 2024-08-22 111602.png

Screenshot 2024-08-22 111620.png

Screenshot 2024-08-23 093353.png

Edited by papion23
  • Like 1