LaunchBox Community Forums

I can't install/update RetroArch

Phosky
Go to solution Solved by faeran,

I had the March 2024 version of LaunchBox until yesterday, when I decided to update to the current one, 13.15 (after buying the lifetime license). Once updated, when I went to update MAME and RetroArch, I saw that the "RetroArch" menu had disappeared, as you can see in the first screenshot.

Captura de pantalla 2024-08-26 131534.png

In the "plugins manager" everything is OK, and I have repaired the plugin installation several times (screenshot 2).

Captura de pantalla 2024-08-26 131912.png

I also have RetroArch correctly installed in the emulator list (screenshot 3).

Captura de pantalla 2024-08-26 132031.png

I have tried deleting the RetroArch folder from "LaunchBox\Emulators\RetroArch" and deleting it from LB ("delete" button) to add it back, but it still doesn't appear. I have done many tests, and every time I did them, I restarted the program.

I have read on Reddit that I am not the only one who has this problem. Help, please! Thanks!

P.S. I have Windows 11.

P.S. 2. I've updated to the latest beta, and the menu still not appearing :(

Edited by Phosky

• Solution
11 hours ago, Phosky said:

I had the March 2024 version of LaunchBox until yesterday, when I decided to update to the current one, 13.15 (after buying the lifetime license). Once updated, when I went to update MAME and RetroArch, I saw that the "RetroArch" menu had disappeared, as you can see in the first screenshot.

Captura de pantalla 2024-08-26 131534.png

In the "plugins manager" everything is OK, and I have repaired the plugin installation several times (screenshot 2).

Captura de pantalla 2024-08-26 131912.png

I also have RetroArch correctly installed in the emulator list (screenshot 3).

Captura de pantalla 2024-08-26 132031.png

I have tried deleting the RetroArch folder from "LaunchBox\Emulators\RetroArch" and deleting it from LB ("delete" button) to add it back, but it still doesn't appear. I have done many tests, and every time I did them, I restarted the program.

I have read on Reddit that I am not the only one who has this problem. Help, please! Thanks!

P.S. I have Windows 11.

P.S. 2. I've updated to the latest beta, and the menu still not appearing :(

Go into Tools > Manage > Emulators

Find your RetroArch emulator and edit it. Click the Update button.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2024 at 1:12 AM, faeran said:

I've updated it as you mentioned. Is the old method going away or is it some kind of bug? Thanks!

On 9/2/2024 at 9:15 AM, Phosky said:

I've updated it as you mentioned. Is the old method going away or is it some kind of bug? Thanks!

The old option was replaced and standardized so that more emulators can now be updated in this fashion, with more to come.

On 8/26/2024 at 4:12 PM, faeran said:

I'm having the same issue, but the "update" button doesn't show on mine- just the globe icon, which is a download link for retroarch. I think this might be because I'm still on 13.15 and my plugin for retroarch is 1.2, so maybe next week when 13.16 drops it will show up again? In any case, does this built-in updater have an option to not update the cores when it updates retroarch? I use older cores for certain emulators and don't want them replaced by newer versions (for instance MAME, since I'm on an older romset).