LaunchBox Community Forums

Updated from really old Launchbox to new version, now no PC games show up?

Jayinem

This is why I'm not crazy about updating everything it seems to cause more problems than it fixes. But it seems to show all of my emualted games, but none of my PC games. Is there a setting or something to change this? I probably haven't updated in a good 3 years did something change as far as PC games?

On 9/13/2024 at 7:08 PM, Jayinem said:

This is why I'm not crazy about updating everything it seems to cause more problems than it fixes. But it seems to show all of my emualted games, but none of my PC games. Is there a setting or something to change this? I probably haven't updated in a good 3 years did something change as far as PC games?

If these are Epic, Steam, Uplay games then LB now has a storefronts setup that is new since 3 years ago. Make sure you have gone to menu Tools, Manage, Storefronts and logged into applicable stores. You can have LB rescan the store to make sure they match based on drop down box selection. 

Screenshot2024-09-14193928.thumb.png.77fbe9018cf89ab95448cf59978cf117.png

You might double check your platform for your PC/Windows is pointing to your folder (if manual imports) where files store.  Lastly, if they are manually imported PC games then you might look at your Launchbox, Backups folder and inside that there are auto backups of the XML data files which are the pointer and metadata LB uses.  You can go to Tools, File Management, and Create Backup to make a snapshot of what you have currently (just in case).  Then you can close LB and look for the backup (they have dates on zip files) and under the Platform folder restore the platform XML for whatever you called you Windows/PC games.