LaunchBox Community Forums

AHK Conflict?

CuzzinChizzy

I wanted to create an autohotkey script for another use on my computer and was surprised to find out that ahk was not installed.

Was under the impression that it was installed along side of Launchbox and was just running in the background so launchbox could use it. 
After doing some digging I saw some people saying that autokotkey isn't installed with LB and that you'd need to install it separately in order to use it for normal Windows stuff. 

So I downloaded autokotkey and when I start to install it , it brings up a message that says "It looks like you used an unsupported method to set the deafault program for .ahk files. This will prevent the standard context menu and launcher (Version auto detect) functionality from working properly. Would you like this setting to be reset for you?"  YES/NO

If I click YES to reset that setting to continue installation, will that mess up my autokotkey functionality within Launchbox?

12 minutes ago, CuzzinChizzy said:

If I click YES to reset that setting to continue installation, will that mess up my autokotkey functionality within Launchbox?

No.  LaunchBox calls AutoHotkey.exe directly from its /ThirdParty/AutoHotkey/ folder.  So you're safe to (re)associate your .ahk file extension to your personal installation of AutoHotkey.

Side note: you don't have to have it "installed" to be able to use it. 

i.e. You can launch your script directly like so...

"D:\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey.exe" "D:\MyScripts\My Special Script.ahk"