LaunchBox Community Forums

I can't download all the images in the database

Eyebrows Cat

I think it only downloads region appropriate images. ie if there are 4 different box art front images, and you prioritize USA/North America, it's not going to also download a Spain, Germany, and France version, etc. Based on the number of (region specific) images that are not USA/North America, only getting 16 images sounds on par.

Maybe if you change your region priorities it would download them all.

1 minute ago, skizzosjt said:

I think it only downloads region appropriate images. ie if there are 4 different box art front images, and you prioritize USA/North America, it's not going to also download a Spain, Germany, and France version, etc. Based on the number of (region specific) images that are not USA/North America, only getting 16 images sounds on par.

Maybe if you change your region priorities it would download them all.

This is pretty much right. It's more based on the ROM itself though. For example, if you have a game from North America, it looks for North American images for it.

It's more complicated than that, but that's the reason you see less images than what's on the GamesDB.

• Thanks 1

Thank you both for your answers.

So this means that even if you use a Japanese ROM, if there is a North American version of the game, only the North American version images will be downloaded.
I don't need the North American version images so this is very inconvenient.
I hope that they will change the system to either refer to the region set for each game, or download all the images and then manually delete the ones I don't need.

I used Google Translate, so I apologize if the text is difficult to understand.

8 hours ago, Eyebrows Cat said:

Thank you both for your answers.

So this means that even if you use a Japanese ROM, if there is a North American version of the game, only the North American version images will be downloaded.
I don't need the North American version images so this is very inconvenient.
I hope that they will change the system to either refer to the region set for each game, or download all the images and then manually delete the ones I don't need.

I used Google Translate, so I apologize if the text is difficult to understand.

Not at all. Actually the opposite.

The idea is that if you import a Japanese ROM, and it's clear that the game is indeed a game from Japan, and there's a Japanese image on the GamesDB that can be downloaded for it, we download that for you.

If the game doesn't have any identifiable region, we use your Region Priority to determine which image to download.

There's more steps than that, but hopefully that clears things up a bit.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, faeran said:

Not at all. Actually the opposite.

The idea is that if you import a Japanese ROM, and it's clear that the game is indeed a game from Japan, and there's a Japanese image on the GamesDB that can be downloaded for it, we download that for you.

If the game doesn't have any identifiable region, we use your Region Priority to determine which image to download.

There's more steps than that, but hopefully that clears things up a bit.

I have registered a Japanese ROM, and there is a Japanese version front image in the database.
However, when I download the image, the Japanese version front image is not downloaded.
Is there a way to download the Japanese version front image from the Launchbox user interface?

In your explanation, you say, "When using a Japanese ROM, the images for the Japanese ROM will be automatically downloaded to the database."
Your answer doesn't say that you need to set the region even if you use a Japanese ROM.
If it is essential that LaunchBox automatically recognizes it, we won't know unless you write that.
Your answer is a little insufficient.

PS
Apart from this question, I would like to request a function that allows me to download all images in the database.

Thank you.