Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

How to backup LB setup as-is to put on new device (or even just to backup setup for existing one)?


Recommended Posts

Posted

So say I have one device and want to clone the whole setup to put on a new one, what files do I need to copy and from where?  I know that newer Android has this annoying BS "feature" of locking me out of certain directories so a simple drag-drop won't work if LB stashes data in these locked out directories.   I really don't want to spend two days re-doing everything with scraping images, setting things up, and the whole thing.   On the new device I will have the exact same directory structure copied to new device so locations of ROMs, emulators, etc. will all be the same and with same directory names.   Where are the necessary files, settings stored for LB?

Posted
On 9/22/2026 at 12:25 AM, DaveC1964 said:

So say I have one device and want to clone the whole setup to put on a new one, what files do I need to copy and from where?  I know that newer Android has this annoying BS "feature" of locking me out of certain directories so a simple drag-drop won't work if LB stashes data in these locked out directories.   I really don't want to spend two days re-doing everything with scraping images, setting things up, and the whole thing.   On the new device I will have the exact same directory structure copied to new device so locations of ROMs, emulators, etc. will all be the same and with same directory names.   Where are the necessary files, settings stored for LB?

LaunchBox for Android, by default, puts your entire library in the root of the device (that it can see). So, if you opened an Android files app, and entered into the file system, you'd see a LaunchBox folder there, next to like the Downloads folder and such. If you have an SD Card in the device, it's possible the app could have created the LaunchBox folder there as well. Transfer the whole folder onto a new device, then inside of LaunchBox Options, there's an option to choose your data folder, and as long as you point it to the LaunchBox folder, you'd be good to go.

  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...