LaunchBox Community Forums

Framed Header (Unified Backgrounds) 1.0.0

(0 reviews)

8 Screenshots

About This File

Second stab at a theme. This one will use a static background image for each platform when a game is launched. So it does not use fan art from each game. The images are those supplied in the BigBox Unified and Unified Redux themes. So I claim no credit to any images. I only copied them over from those themes. Credit to @Jason Carr and @CriticalCid for those themes.

I claim no credit to any artwork displayed or included in the theme. If you know the creator please mention so I may credit. 

IMPORTANT: Launchbox 9.2 or higher required for Startup Themes. 

Version 1.0.0

Startup Theme: has a header style framed banner that will display "Now Loading..." (text color does change by platform. I used common brand colors or as close to), the game's clear logo, and the platform's clear logo. 

Main field will display 3D Box, Screenshot, and Cart or Spinning Disc (for CD based games) are in the main view. IMPORTANT: Make sure you set your image priorities in Launchbox for these categories. Also set backup images in case you are missing image types for a game. 

Shutdown Theme: uses a static image in its current default state with the words "Thank you for playing..." displayed. You can use any static image you want. However, please note the text in the default one is scaled to a size to fit in the background image's marquee. There is an alternate Shutdown xml file that will be pretty generic. The Shutdown text in that one is in the middle of the screen and would be better for those preferring their own image. There are read me files in the folders with simple steps to change the shutdown. 

If you prefer use the game specific backgrounds and games images in the shutdowns I will be uploading a version of this theme that will use the game fanart backgrounds. 

Installation: 

1. Download the Framed Platform_Static Background v1.0.0.zip file and unzip it into the Launchbox\StartupThemes\ folder.

2. Install the supplied font. 

3. In Launchbox go to Tools>Options>Game Startup and choose the appropriate named theme. 

I will be adding more platform xml files in an update after the holiday. There is probably about 100 in there now. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Game On 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.