LaunchBox Community Forums

Estuary 1.0.0

(1 review)

18 Screenshots

About This File

This theme is based on the default skin used in newer versions of Kodi. It features 5 platform views and 1 game view that displays the boxart and video of the selected game. Included are custom made device logos for over 100 platforms and genre playlists that are used in three of the views. There are two photoshop files that are templates located in the images folder that can be used for anything missing or custom in your set up.

The theme requires LaunchBox 9.4 as it uses platform specific settings to try to best fit the boxart for each system. This theme is best suited for vertical boxart but will squish/stretch wider images slightly and cut off unnessecary logos (like the platform name) especially for the SNES and N64 consoles. It is designed and tested at 1080p and 4K resolutions.

Platform View 1 - Uses the custom device logos with a banner image and description
Platform View 2 - Uses the custom device logos with a video and description
Platform View 3 - Uses the custom device logos with a larger video
Platform View 4 - Uses the normal clear logos with a banner image and description
Platform View 5 - Text list with favorites, recently played, and description

Game View - Text list using the games boxart and video (screenshot if no video available) with description

Installation:
Extract the zip file into the Launchbox\Themes folder.
Unblock "ListBoxScrollCenter.dll" located in the Plugins folder if needed.
Install the 3 fonts located in the "Fonts" folder
While inside BigBox, you may also need to select "Options - Image Cache - Refresh Platform Wheel Images" if the custom device logos are not displaying properly.

Image-Cache.thumb.jpg.fc2d1d599537c771ce50083484954b94.jpg

Optional:
To create spacing between the last platform and the first platform (as seen in the video), create a playlist with at least 1 game in it and fill in the Details tab with the following then add it to as many platforms as needed in the Parents tab:

Unique Name: Spacer1
Nested Name: -
Sort Title: ZZZ

Multiple playlists can be created with the Unique Name "Spacer2" "Spacer3" Spacer4" etc... while using the same Nested Name & Sort Title.

Spacer.thumb.jpg.465b9660dce308049c646b81ee8590cb.jpg

I've been working on this theme off and on for a year and was finally motivated to finish it after the recent features added to Launchbox. This is the first time I've coded anything besides very basic html a decade ago. I've learned how to do it by starting with one of the CoverBox themes, stripping it down, experimenting, researching how Xaml works, and seeing how the other themes were created. If there are any issues or anyone has any suggestions or requests, I'll try to help out. I'd like to thank the other theme makers, community members, and @Jason Carr for making LaunchBox so awesome to use and hope everyone keeps up the great work.

The theme uses ListBox Scroll Center for BigBox by @Grila and the star rating graphics from CoverBox by @faeran . Thank You!

You can also use the sound pack and startup theme I made to complete the whole package.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 3

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

nymous

Awesome theme, been using it for a couple of years already. It matchs my Kodi setup, and also I guess the only theme without any major displaying problems for my set. All I can dream of is may be a little bit different game list layout or some options for current one.

Link to review