LaunchBox Community Forums

Nostalgia-Bedroom Remake 2.03

(0 reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

Nostalgia - Bedroom (an 80's style BigBox theme)

Ready for something new, mixed together with something a little bit old and familiar? :) Here is my own 'retro' style version (fork) of the great "Nostalgia" theme, originally created by @eatkinola, whose fantastic themes can also be found here on the launchbox forums. This is a simple 1980's bedroom style version of  that same "Nostalgia" theme with custom-designed layouts, corresponding to various computer, handheld and console systems. As of now, there are over 50 unique systems I've added/edited, with more to come in the near future. I'm not sure if I'll be doing anything with arcade platforms (mame, etc.), at least not for now. 

New version:
While this theme was originally a fork of eatkinola's great "Nostalgia" theme, it's been drastically changed since there were some recent changes with the way BigBox handles themes. Keep in mind, this theme will only work with newer versions of Launchbox/Bigbox (after version 11.0). I'll also be releasing a few more versions of this same theme with different televisions and computer monitors in the future. So stay tuned!

More notes:

A very big thank you to @y2guru for his amazing COMMUNITY Theme Creator for BigBox! Without his excellent theme designing program I wouldn't have been able to re-create this theme. Really.

A short video-preview of the updated version will be coming soon ?

UPDATE (April 26, 2021)
Here is a fixed version I put together with Community Theme Creator, which is a bit more simple than the previous version. I had to abandon the older version (1.1) since it no longer works (since version 10.0?) and created this "Remake" to use less resources. In the coming days, weeks, and months I'll add more systems, new screenshots and also add the source code for anyone who wants to customize this. Enjoy!

Edited by bundangdon
updated details

What's New in Version 2.0   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 2

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.