About This File
These are the custom logo packs I made for the Retro Console BigBox Theme. There are logos here for pretty much every console and every game that is playable in Launchbox, as long as I have it I will make it.
To install these just download them and unzip to the following folder within the theme folder itself:
\LaunchBox\Themes\Retro Console Light V3\Images\Games\Custom Images 1\
If the folder does not exist then create it exactly as it is here. Within the 'Custom Images 1' folder you need to have a folder named for each platform with game logos inside it.
You can find the theme that these were made for here: Click to get the theme
While using the new logo packs you may find that your game list is different or you just want to make some of your own. @faeran has made a video tutorial on how to use the new Custom Image Creator to make your own logos. It is very good. If you want to make your own logo packs for any of the views in my theme, watch his video and then download the file, 'Retro Console Logo Creator.zip'. found here. All the files you need to make each one exactly are included, even for the custom platform views and the banners.
Video: How to make your own custom logos for this theme: Click Here
Once you get an understanding and are setup to go you can follow these instructions to make matching logo sets from your own collections for this theme:
- So once you open the logo creator file (that you got from here) in the community theme creator, you need to select the platform that you want to make logos for from the left panel at the top (3rd drop down)
- and then you will notice a long string of dots toward the bottom of the screen from left to right and centered just above the box that offers 2 or 3 options such as 'Theme, Platform and Game'. Use the following for each sub type of logo you want to make:
- Platform Logos: Use the first dot for these and select 'Theme' from the box below. (Put these in the 'images/Platforms/Custom Images 1' folder within this theme)
- Game Logos: Make sure to select the correct platform from the menu(panel) on the left. Then use the second dot and choose 'Theme' from the box below the dots. (Put these in the 'images/Games/Custom Images 1' folder within this theme)
- Custom Platform View (game logos): Use the same instructions above but select the 6th dot and choose 'Platform from the box below the dots. (Put these in the 'images/Games/Custom Images 3' folder within this theme)
- Custom Banners: Use the same instructions above but select the 4th dot and choose'Platform from the box below the dots. (Put these in the 'images/Games/Custom Images 2' folder within this theme)
- Now you will be able to make logos for your exact set of games using all of the assets that are in the ones I made so they will match. You now just have to select the Hamburger Icon form the menu at the top of the screen and then hover over 'Render Custom Images', now select 'All Games for Selected Platform' from the menu that pops out.
- Once you have completed making your set you will need to go and get that whole folder of logos you just made and move them to the 'Retro Console' theme folder in the 'Custom Images 3' folder with the others. Remember, each platform logo set needs to be in a folder that exactly matches your Platform name as it appears in your LaunchBox setup.
What's New in Version 1.0.0 See changelog
Added the 'Retro Console Logo Creator.zip' for Download so you can make your own logos matching this set from your collection(s).