LaunchBox Community Forums

Flikbox 1.5

(2 reviews)

10 Screenshots

About This File

flikbox-1.thumb.png.ab9192d0e1e0201a040a8a52bc403cd7.png

This is very my first attempt at making a Big Box theme from scratch using the Community Theme Creator. I had previously fiddled around with other people's themes to get a feel for the software. I made this for a friend who wanted a familiar, easy to read theme similar to how he has his Kodi set up. I've based this on a simple, Netflix type of layout, trying to be basic while still giving all the info you need as fast as possible. The main aims are speed, simplicity and legibility.

The theme works best with video snaps rather than any type of themed video.

VIEWS INCLUDED:
System
Text List
Horizontal Coverflow
Horizontal Wheel (boxes)
Horizontal Wheel (logos)
Horizontal Coverflow
Vertical Wheel (boxes)
Vertical Wheel (logos)
Full screen Wall
Wall with game info

I've used the brilliant system boxes from Styphelus found here. Many thanks to them for their hard work. Also, it uses the Source Sans Pro free typeface which is included in the zip. Also, of course, thanks to y2guru for the Community Theme Creator, and Faeran's very helpful Youtube videos. I no longer provide the system logos as Dan Patrick's awesome set have been that I was previously using have been incorporated into the main Launchbox collection. I also have removed the system images, mainly for size purposes but also just so people can use whatever they want to.

I've uploaded a matching startup theme here.

Edited by AsparagusTrevor
New version 1.5, updated details

What's New in Version 1.5   See changelog

Released

CTC files added

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Game On 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

Merovingio

9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

An interesting theme. The black background that is always present stands out. The contrast with the white letters is very successful. In a view option, the video is played in the upper right part of the screen, and it is played in a frame that does not have a defined limit. The image is blurred with the black of the background, in a smooth and elegant way. It also shows the boxes in 3D on the bottom right without disturbing or breaking the general aesthetics. I highly recommend it.

Response from the author:

Wow, thank you for your review, very much appreciated! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to review
tyfinesse

· Edited by tyfinesse

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

DOPE, CLEAN theme, especially if you are using an oled and or going for a couch setup. Presents and feels like a legit console experience.

Spoiler

That custom GTA SA animation/asset is tough💯, it rolled in so smooth‼️

Thank you for the theme. I also have a question. Will I be able to remove the glow/white blurry gradient from behind the clear logos using the ctc files?

Untitled-1.png

Response from the author:

Thanks a lot for your review.

OLED and couch was exactly what I had in mind with this, in fact it was designed on this setup - my only PC currently is a gaming rig hooked up to my OLED TV in the living room!

With the CTC files you can alter anything you want on the theme. The spotlight gradient in the background is just a rectangle that can simply be deleted from any view it appears on. It's only really there to stop dark logos disappearing into the black background.

• Thanks 1
Link to review