LaunchBox Community Forums

1 Screenshot

About This File

Time for my 6-monthly update. This is my DATA folder, without the licence file. Current games number is 589042 with 536 Platforms and 414 Playlists. I'm still going... 

No video or anything, I just don't have the time.

Comments?

• Like 2
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Dear McFly, I love your playlists!
I have inserted some in my collection and I like to explore games that I dont know. The Best collection (gold, silver...) are great additions for me.

But I have a big limit in this, I usually insert only playlist if I am able to add also a playlist video. For Sega a nintendo I have inserted the tv commercial (I am sure I have stolen the idea and logos somewhere, maybe from you!) but for others I have not.

Amiga, C64, Intellivision...what do you use? have you also a clear logo? 
Anyway, thanks a lot, there are a lot of awesome idea that I want to add (like UK games or "FUCK!" I was laughing a lot, thank you!)

^_^

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

I want video? :D

Do all systems have full metadata - front & rear covers, 3D box, game video, manual, etc?

Metadata - yes, they do, mostly within the confines of LB but I did copy / paste a bunch from their Wiki pages as well as a few others. They don't all have everything. Yet. Most videos are ripped from YT but I also found a few included in the packs I found... All platforms and playlists have videos. Boxes / covers etc again only if I found them inside their relevant packs, the rest is from the LB Database. When this is finally complete (HAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAHAAA) I'll go about filling in those gaps.

15 hours ago, xevious1974 said:

Dear McFly, I love your playlists!
I have inserted some in my collection and I like to explore games that I dont know. The Best collection (gold, silver...) are great additions for me.

But I have a big limit in this, I usually insert only playlist if I am able to add also a playlist video. For Sega a nintendo I have inserted the tv commercial (I am sure I have stolen the idea and logos somewhere, maybe from you!) but for others I have not.

Amiga, C64, Intellivision...what do you use? have you also a clear logo? 
Anyway, thanks a lot, there are a lot of awesome idea that I want to add (like UK games or "FUCK!" I was laughing a lot, thank you!)

^_^

All have clear logos... I'll upload my Images folder in a bit. As for the videos, that's a hella lota giggybits... let me know which ones you need and I'll see what I can do :)

12 hours ago, Mcfly. said:

All have clear logos... I'll upload my Images folder in a bit. As for the videos, that's a hella lota giggybits... let me know which ones you need and I'll see what I can do :)

Really???? 
YOU ARE AWESOME!
Ok, I dont want to ask too much, I'll try to be reasonable 🤣

What I love of your BEST playlist is that I can know new games! For example "I love katamari" for playstation! Or some hidden nes gems. Or games that I have forgotten, like MDK for psx. I put your list in my collection and I search for each missing, if any, game.

The "problem" is that when you have more than 1000 games, you are lost! You cant try them all. So it is very usefull having some direction. Also the new feature "related games" is awesome. 

I also put cracktro and magazine, I love having my digital world all togheter ^_^

Ok, I stop bothering you...it's a professional deviation 🤣

Here the top 10 missing video:

- CHD required

- Vertically oriented Games

- UK 

- Years 1970-2010  (yes there are 5 video, I am cheating 🤣 )

- FUCK!

- Unreleased

- Best of Adult Swim

OK I stop here!

Thank you again!

Here's my current Images/Platforms pictures .zip file. Videos are attached. (I cheated on Years too, for now. I use the same video for all of them.) I've thought about playing some of the games I need videos for and recording them, but that seems like work right now... :D

Some may not like the videos I've chosen for any of my platforms or playlists, and that's fine! TBH some I'd like to change at some point, who knows.

1847213698_MCFLYPlatforms.zip

Edited by Mcfly.

1 hour ago, Mcfly. said:

Here's my current Images/Platforms pictures .zip file. Videos are attached. (I cheated on Years too, for now. I use the same video for all of them.) I've thought about playing some of the games I need videos for and recording them, but that seems like work right now... :D

Some may not like the videos I've chosen for any of my platforms or playlists, and that's fine! TBH some I'd like to change at some point, who knows.

1847213698_MCFLYPlatforms.zip 1.92 GB · 0 downloads

Thank you a lot!
I'll download all and watch!
Very interesting choice! I like them!
Thank you again!

^_^

• Game On 1

Ok, I have downloaded all!

I have taken a look and I think that videos are quite perfect. When I have time I just cut them a little to be more relevant, also the year video, divided into the different decades. I have done 2 videos in the past...it's a very long work! Also cutting is a time consuming action!

Interesting platform the Pademoniun one. I should copy that. I usually don't use his videos, are too long for my taste, but they are very nice and having a dedicated part can be smart.

I have also watched the image zip...what a hard work to take all that images!!!
It is very usefull having all that images in one places now!
I have seen that you miss one...no, I haven't look all, not yet! 🤣

So I'll attach here if you want to add it for your use. Just taken from the net...somewhere...cant remember.

1875716136_NintendoSufamiTurbo.thumb.png.c10ec5d2d80a4b743e50ea6ee0c068b8.png

• Thanks 1