LaunchBox Community Forums

The Nintendo GameCube Widescreen Project | Part 3 - Dolphin Widescreen Hack Pre Applied INI Files | Anamorphic 16:9 for Dolphin Emulator 1.0.0

(1 review)

About This File

This project aims to present GC games in 16:9 to everyone, as easily as possible. Just drop Pre Configured files into Dolphin and enjoy. No need to setup yourself.

Part 1 is focusing on the native widescreen games. All of these have an option in game to allow for proper anamorphic 16:9.
Part 2 covers the widescreen hacks/codes/patches. I have separated the two to make it a bit easier for myself. Also not everyone may be into hacking 16:9 presentation.
Part 3 covers the internal Dolphin Widescreen Hack which is very hit and miss. However, when it works it just works.

Of all the games I have tested that aren't native 16:9 and do not have a AR or Gecko code there are 27 games that work with no pop in and jank. I have not tested the entire library as of yet so there may be a few sports titles and Japanese games that have been missed. I have tested the entire western release library. 

These per game .ini files will either force 16:9 or stretch to the window, depending on what you choose. There is a slight difference between the two. A lot of these games come up just shy of filling the screen, but do not stretch or distort the image if using Force to 16:9. When using Stretch to Fit Window it does just that but does slightly stretch/distort the image, I don't mind a little stretching so I can fill the screen personally.

However, I HAVE PROVIDED .INI FILES FOR BOTH so you can have the choice.

EVERY VERSION/REGION/GAME ID HAS BEEN PRE CONFIGURED. NO MATTER WHICH VERSION YOU HAVE THESE WILL WORK. THIS IS 'NON ENGLIGH VERSION' FRIENDLY. THESE PER GAME .INI FILES HAVE ONLY WIDESCREEN OPTIONS APPLIED. THESE WILL OVERRIDE ANY OF YOUR CURRENT PER GAME SETTINGS.

IINSTRUCTIONS

• I advise using another instance of Dolphin specifically for widescreen.
  • Choose your flavour and download - Forced 16:9 or Stretched to Fit Window
  • Place the .ini files in the GameSettings folder of Dolphin.
  • This will be in your roaming app data on your C drive if you are not using Dolphin in portable mode.
  • Enjoy!!!

HERE IS A LIST OF GAMES THAT WORK WITH THE WIDESCREEN HACK.

Batman: Dark Tomorrow
BeyBlade VForce: Super Tournament Battle
Black & Bruised
Charlie's Angels
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Disney Sports: Skateboarding
Go! Go! Hypergrind
Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer
Largo Winch: Empire Under Threat
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Monster Jam: Maximum Destruction
Pitfall: The Lost Expedition
Pro Rally 2002
Rave Master
Starsky & Hutch
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Tube Slider: The Championship of Future Formula
Warrior Blade: Rastan vs. Barbarian
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions
WWE Day of Reckoning
WWE Day of Reckoning 2
WWE WrestleMania X8
WWE WrestleMania XIX
X2: Wolverine's Revenge
XGRA: Extreme G Racing Association
Zatch Bell! Mamodo Battles
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

Fwiler

Amazing amount of work done.  I had tried earlier doing this myself before finding your files, and it was frustrating, but now everything works perfectly. Thank you!

Link to review