LaunchBox Community Forums

Lassiveran's Commodore 64 Media Pack 2.0

(1 review)

16 Screenshots

About This File

5a0cf97134c4d_LassiveransCommodore64Mediapack2.0Advertisement.thumb.png.1a3329fef8f81dd1824064cd577ea6b0.pngCommodore 64 holds a special place in my nostalgic heart.  I have decided to create a number of fan made box fronts to fill in the gaps.

I'm currently working off a cabinet friendly list of originals.  I will work on those first then move to larger sets.  I will do as many as I can to fill in some of the holes so we don't end up have 1000's of "No Box Image" pics.  I have included 2 versions of a generic "No Box Art" placeholder in this release along with ~170 box fronts covering # to E.  Subsequent releases will include more covers as I finish them.  

I have managed to located a few box covers as I have been going through the list.  If I did any work on the images either cropping or other adjustments, I will include them in the release as well.  Also, now I have included primary controller information in the form of a joystick or keyboard icon I created as well as number of player details.  Also, you will notice a code for gamebase64 to help you with determining which game the cover represents in greater detail than the file names I provided.

I am not a professional graphic artist, I have been learning a few tricks as I have been going along to streamline the process.  I welcome positive feedback and constructive criticism.  After version one is released I do plan on moving onto Themed Clear Logos and Tape/Floppy Disk Images (As shown in my post in Games Media forum) and to take any requests to fill a fan favorite box art I may have missed.

I appreciate the hard work everyone has done do far making launch box a great aesthetic front end and this is my way of giving back to the community.  I look forward to feedback.

Cheers

Lassiveran

What's New in Version 1.0.1   See changelog

Released

Version 1.0.0 has been released.

• Featuring 509 Missing Fan Made Box Fronts from # to Z from the Original Set. 
  • 3 different "No Box Art" Box Fronts. 

Roadmap to 2.0 will feature missing box fronts from the Official Set.  Prior to starting work on 2.0 I will be releasing a themed Clear Logo Pack.

Enjoy

Version 1.0.1 has been released.

• Small change in the file naming convention.  I have removed the - "Fanart - Box - Front" from the file name.  This should help with scraping issue and make it easier to add the images to Launchbox. 

Commodore_64_-_Originals_Base_Set_-_Box_Fronts_Revision_1.0.zip

• Like 9

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

Thanatos_Prime

An amazing amount of work went into these and they're a real godsend to C64 lovers like myself as I curate my collection. I've made a few more over the years and they are all in the database here, but this collection inspired me to work hard to find the real box art for many of these titles and to add a few fanart boxes in the Lassiveran syle of my own here and there. If you feel this one is up to snuff, I would be honored if it could be included in the collection.

c64.png

Link to review