LaunchBox Community Forums

Unofficial RetroAchievements 1G1R DATs and CUEs/GDIs. 11 June 2024

(3 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Hey guys.

After many months of hard work, I'm happy to announce and share v2.x Unofficial RetroAchievement DATs with you guys and CUEs and GDIs that go with them. I've included 3 documents for you guys to look at regarding some information you might wanna know but feel free to PM/DM me on LB forums or Discord if you have any questions/problems. Don't forget to backup your roms first before scanning with these, just in case.

Enjoy.

Edited by Ultra God Azgorath
Added CUEs and GDIs.

What's New in Version 11 June 2024   See changelog

Released

• Added new games to the DATs and CUEs to the CUEs folder since 05 June 2024.
  • Changed some game names in some DATs to reflect the same changes No-Intro did in their DATs recently.
  • Corrected some incorrect PS2 game hashes.
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Yeah I use LB's Achievements and Badges feature to scan and see which roms have cheevos or not. I'm also testing each and every rom I have that is in my DATs to verify that there's cheevos for them as well.

I've noticed the DS doesn't appear to have any of the alternative patches for official games linked, were those only added after the previous update?

On 3/6/2024 at 7:30 PM, Ultra God Azgorath said:

@Odio In v1.x of the DATs I only added 1 "Best" linked rom per game to the DATs. v2.x DATs will have every single linked rom for every game in them.

Thank you for your effort!

Does that mean that v2 will no longer be 1G1R ? Will there be a best rom that is still compatible with v1.5 and will the names be the same? I just started cleaning and scraping my library thanks to your current DATs, but Im wondering if v2 will mean a re-structuring from scratch so maybe im better off waiting for that. :)

Thanks again! This is super nice to have.

Edited by oddgoo

So basically v2.x will be TRUE 1G1R where you can select what rom regions you want and don't want. As for the names, they'll be named after No-Intro DAT names but if the roms aren't in No-Intro DATs, such as hacks, translations and homebrews, they'll be named in the No-Intro format. v2.x ETA is still a ways off but it is coming along smoothly. 

• Unusual Gem 1

hi @Ultra God Azgorath i come back to see how is the progress with your project. very awesome news with the no-intro file names!!! hands up for your work, thats great.

i like the idea to select the region, can't wait for it 🙂 take a look on this tool maybe this can help you to create faster the dat files, this tool have a chevo scanner wich games have chevos and missing in your collection

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion but looks like this app doesn't work as well as I'd hoped. Best not to take any shortcuts with the DATs anyway.

Are there any plans to do an (all versions) dat? or does that project already exist elsewhere?

Still just absolutely crazy to me that RA doesn't provide these themselves. I understand they don't need to for most of the games, because they just use no-intro and such, but not for the hacks??

Edited by Odio
  • Like 1

Yeah. Maybe one day in the future, if we're lucky, they may ask me for permission to make the DATs official on their site and then they can keep them updated and maintained themselves but we'll see.

Building a 1g1r set for the Miyoo Mini Plus using your dats and the RA Collection on the Internet Archive. Excited for V2 but any downside or issues with the current release? This seems like the best way to go. Are there any alternatives to be aware of? Thanks so much for your great work and advice. 

Hi @supermodio64. The current release only has English language games and some of the linked roms in the current release might not even be the "Best" ones like I wanted initially.. V2.x will have every version and region/language linked rom and you can choose which languages/regions you want and don't want. No alternatives that I know of ATM.

Cool, should work well enough for me then. Building out my set now. Found a non MSU version of A Link to the Islands that's supported:

Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Islands (Darklink7884) (2.5).sfc a516d1a4c4413bce5d4db0ea37ed882b

NEVER MIND: Getting into CD systems and noticed the dats seem to strip out cue files. You've uploaded them separately so I'm not sure if they're somehow imported with clrmame? It's my first time using it. I was able to use the cue files afterwards and convert to CHD which seems to register RetroAchievements properly from my limited testing.

Appreciate any instruction on how to handle the CD cue situation. I'll let you know what else I find. Thanks again!

EDIT: Never mind, I read through the comments and see that the cue files are a manual process currently. The other manual process for me has been unzipping, renaming, zipping, and moving all ~Hack~, ~Homebrew~, and such into corresponding folders instead of using the prefix . Maybe that can be an option for V2.

I’ve been putting off Final Burn Neo until last. Is there a certain version or anything else to note when using your dats with it?

Edited by supermodio64

So with the cues, in v1.x I renamed the bin file names in them and as a result, their hash values were different from unedited redump cues and since downloading redump roms would give you redump cues with redump hash values, they wouldn't work well with the 1.x dats. v2.x DATs will have unedited redump cues and hash values so they will work with downloaded redump roms immediately. With Arcade, I simply download arcade roms that have the same name as the linked roms on the RA site and use LB to check if they have cheevos and then use Dir2Dat with clrmamepro to create a DAT with those roms. However I may need to look at arcade DATs a bit since they're different from other platforms such as romset versions etc.

• Thanks 1

Very cool to see 2.0 release, but the Sega Dreamcast DAT has a missing space after <!DOCTYPE datafile PUBLIC, which causes errors with RomVault, as well as size being duplicated with the Supervision DAT on line 312, and Rockman & Bass is missing amp; after & on lines 4197-4200, 4202-4204, 4206-4209.

Thanks Odio. Will correct and reupload them. Which platform is the rockman & bass problem?

EDIT: NVM it was Rockman & Forte on SNES. Corrected.

• Thanks 1

One small suggestion, Although RA doesn't actually distinguish between them (for some reason) the WonderSwan set encompasses both the WonderSwan and the WonderSwan Color, and while much like the Game Boy and the Game Boy Color, some games for the latter can be played on the former, I believe it would be for the best to split that into two separate DATs

3 hours ago, Odio said:

One small suggestion, Although RA doesn't actually distinguish between them (for some reason) the WonderSwan set encompasses both the WonderSwan and the WonderSwan Color, and while much like the Game Boy and the Game Boy Color, some games for the latter can be played on the former, I believe it would be for the best to split that into two separate DATs

I'm a bit confused as to what you're trying to say/suggest. I made 1 DAT for both platforms because both platforms are merged together on the RA website, the same RetroArch Core is used to play both platforms and if you import all the games into the "Wonderswan" platform on LaunchBox, then the achievement scan will detect them all as cheevo compatible whereas none of them will be detected if you import them into the "Wonderswan Color" platform. RA is a bit finicky with Wonderswan/Color, Neo Geo Pocket/Color and MSX/MSX2 in that regard, I must admit.

10 hours ago, Odio said:

Oh, I see, I will have to shake my fist at RA themselves then

Lol yeah pretty much. However, the devs say they might consider splitting NES and FDS into 2 separate platforms when the FDS DevJam rolls out so hopefully they'll consider splitting Wonderswan and Color, Neo Geo Pocket and Color and MSX and MSX2 into separate platforms when those DevJams roll out as well.

Missing amp; for the English translation of Maerchen Maze of the PCE dat