LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Launcher 0.0.2

(0 reviews)

About This File

A launcher extension for LaunchBox, allowing easier autobooting / launching of individual roms for older 8 bit systems. It will also allow you to define different behaviour for a platform, based on the file extension, which is something LaunchBox is a bit lacking in.

The program file to run is defined using a custom field named "program" in Launchbox, this is stored against each individual rom. If a rom is not supplied then a default autoboot script may be run, for some systems this is all that is required, but some systems rely on the name of a program to run automatically (for example the Acorn Atom).

The launcher is currently set up for Mame, but it can be defined to run other emulators through the XML configuration.

Note this is currently very much beta software, I've coded it for my own use but realised it may actually be useful for someone else. This is my first real attempt at writing anything in PowerShell, so it may be a bit rough and ready. You'll probably need to change some XML files to make it work for your situation, it's probably worth looking at the Github Repository I've set up; this does have a basic readme explaining how it works.

Github Repository: https://github.com/jonesthesoftware/LaunchBoxLauncher

At the moment it defines boot sequences for Acorn Atom, Acorn Electron, BBC Micro, Amstrad CPC, and Dragon computers using Mame. I will be adding more options at a later date, more than happy for anyone else to add to the functionality / define boot sequences (it's distributed on a very unrestrictive MIT license).

Edited by ddraig

What's New in Version 0.0.2   See changelog

Released

Added lua scripts from RandoMame, these can now be more easily integrated into the XML configuration.

Added the ability to define <Parameter MameAutoboot="true"/> in the Emulator XML, this will select between -autoboot_script and -autoboot_command in mame, using the definition from the Autoboot XML.

I'm currently only using the Lua scripts for Amstrad CPC tapes, as an example, but I'll look at adding more in a future release.

• Like 2

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.