LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box Auto Play 1.0.5

(3 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

https://bigboxautoplay.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html

BigBoxAutoPlay
BigBoxAutoPlay is a plug-in for BigBox that can automatically launch into a game when BigBox starts up 

Installation

1. Download the latest version of the plugin
  2. Copy BigBoxAutoPlay.dll and Prism.dll into the LaunchBox\Plugins folder

Settings
A new menu item is added to LaunchBox under Tools > Configure BigBox AutoPlay.

Enable
Check the box to automatically play a game when BigBox starts. Uncheck the box to disable the auto-play plugin.

Select game
Check the box to have launch box select the game in the UI before launching it.  This should allow the marquee to display properly for the selected game.

Only favorites
Check the box to filter the randomly selected game to only include favorites

Hidden games
Check the box to include hidden games

Broken games
Check the box to include broken games

Platform
Optional. To filter the randomly selected game to only games in the selected platform.

Playlist
Optional. To filter the randomly selected game to only games in the selected playlist.

Game
Optional. To specify a specific game to auto-play. This list is filtered based on the selected platform and/or playlist.

Delay
Specify the number of seconds to delay before launching the game. When a startup video is used with BigBox, this delay can help the auto played game from launching behind BigBox by giving BigBox a chance to fully initialize before launching the game.

Link to GitHub repo

https://github.com/AtomFry/BigBoxAutoPlay

Edited by Fry
I'm big dumb and found problems with the TCP server - rolling back

What's New in Version 1.0.5   See changelog

Released

Oof - rolling back changes from 1.0.6 - I'll get it fixed and reuploaded when it's ready.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

Monsterclip

· Edited by Monsterclip

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This works well for me, but it doesn't correctly display the marquee on my 2nd monitor. Instead, it shows the marquee of the platform that the game was launched from.

All my games have custom marquees that display the controls for that game, so when this plugin launches a random game, ideally the marquee would show so I can know what my buttons are :)

Not sure if you're planning on doing any maintenance for it, but figured I'd try. 

Thanks!

Edit after author reply:

That did it! Works perfectly! Back to using it daily. Thank you, this plugin has me playing lots of games I normally skip over.

Response from the author:

Thanks for the feedback.  Sorry for the long delay in response.  Have you tried the Select Game option?   With this box checked it should select the game before launching it so that it would show the marquee for that game if LaunchBox is working fine to show the marquee for games when you manually select them.  Looks like I forgot to document that option when I released the update way back when.

image.thumb.png.44ef269dfff6197d78b3493fa3588c00.png 

• Thanks 1
Link to review
GuyManDude

· Edited by GuyManDude

I had hoped to use it just to be able to enter into Arcade mode instead of directly to a game but it's still awesome. I would like to default to my list of games and start from there.

Link to review
gig71

Hey guys

This plugin Is Really AMAZING !

Perfect for arcade cabs.

• Thanks 1
Link to review