LaunchBox Community Forums

Import Media From Kodi 2.3.0

(2 reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

IMPORTANT

this may break your existing Launchbox Movies Collection. Back up you data before using this plugin.

DESCRIPTION

This Plugin will import your Media collection from Kodi.

this is a beta plugin so it may not work for everyone.

this will not work if you are using emby or mysql to manage your collection.

the SQLite.Interop.dll needs to be in the root folder (same folder as LaunchBox.exe)

BUGS

You tell Me

WHATS WORKING

Imports Movies

Imports TV Shows

Imports Music

Downloads Artwork or Copies Artwork

Copys TvTunes

Downloads Movie Trailers

Copys Cdart (Music)

HOW TO USE

Download the Plugin

Extract to your ROOT Launchbox folder

open LaunchBox

open tools

open import

Import Media from Kodi

BUY ME A BEER

What's New in Version 2.3.0   See changelog

Released

Added Portable Version Support.

Added Options To 

• Import Movies
  • Import TV Shows
  • Download Artwork

Fixed some File paths. I think its reading it the same way as Kodi now.

Added Description

Added Rating

Added Region

Added Release Date

Added Production/ TV Channel

Added Separate Seasons for TV Shows.

Added Music 

Fixed Exported Artwork

added lower case emulators path

Fixed adding Platforms

Fixed adding Emulator

Added a 0 for Seasons and Episodes less than 10 (S01E01 - Pilot) - this helps with sorting the episodes in BigBox

Added Support For TV Tunes(TV Theme Music) - looks for theme.mp3 in the TV Show Folder(where the TV Tunes addon Saves the song)

Added support for CDart (for music) - looks for cdart.png in the album folder(where CDart Manager saves it)

Added Support for Trailers(for Movies)

Adjustments to Emulators

Duplicate Prevention

ClearLogo Support

added play album and queue album

• Like 2

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

donotbugme

Precisely what I needed. Kodi has some game support now, especially with Advanced Emulator Launcher addon, but it requires a decent amount of configuration, especially if you're using a non-Libretro emulator. Launchbox excels at game setup and play of course, but is clunky when it comes to media playback, and I never quite sorted out how to satisfactorily play an album without setting up playlists for each and every one. So I was at a bit of a dead-end... and then I find this tonight. Bonus being that a unified media menu for an HTPC setup is feasible now- no need to mess around too much with skinning for either Kodi or Launchbox to make their appearance similar to one another (shoutout to the developer of the Estruary skin for Launchbox for being my first window of hope on a unified setup).

Thank you.

Link to review
neil9000

This is a excellent plugin, it scrapes all your Kodi data and imports it all into Launchbox. I am using kodi as the emulator for it and i just double click the movie and Kodi launches and automatically starts playing the movie. It couldn't be any easier to use either. Very good work @slipsystem. :) 

Link to review