LaunchBox Community Forums

Import Media From Kodi

Import Media From Kodi

View File

IMPORTANT

this may break your existing Launchbox Movies Collection. Back up you data before using this plugin.

DESCRIPTION

This Plugin will import your Media collection from Kodi.

this is a beta plugin so it may not work for everyone.

this will not work if you are using emby or mysql to manage your collection.

the SQLite.Interop.dll needs to be in the root folder (same folder as LaunchBox.exe)

BUGS

You tell Me

WHATS WORKING

Imports Movies

Imports TV Shows

Imports Music

Downloads Artwork or Copies Artwork

Copys TvTunes

Downloads Movie Trailers

Copys Cdart (Music)

HOW TO USE

Download the Plugin

Extract to your ROOT Launchbox folder

open LaunchBox

open tools

open import

Import Media from Kodi

BUY ME A BEER

• Like 1

The Kodi location is always that roaming folder regardless of what drive you install to, it will always try to store stuff to your C drive. The only exception is when you make kodi portable (which is very easy to do) then the data is in the same folder as your Kodi instal. Also i assume this works on all versions of Kodi?? I am using the Leia nightlies, but of course folder structure is still maintained there i believe.

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

The Kodi location is always that roaming folder regardless of what drive you install to, it will always try to store stuff to your C drive. The only exception is when you make kodi portable (which is very easy to do) then the data is in the same folder as your Kodi instal. Also i assume this works on all versions of Kodi?? I am using the Leia nightlies, but of course folder structure is still maintained there i believe.

yes it will check the roaming folder. i would assume it would work with all version but im just not 100% sure about how the store data. if its in the same structure it will be fine.

Ok, would you be able to check the portable folder as well as the roaming? It's just that i have my Launchbox all self contained on a external HDD. If i could then also install a Portable Kodi (say in my emulators folder) and store all my movie/TV Shows all within the LaunchBox folder i would have a fully portable gaming emulator front end, and tv/movie watching HDD that i could plug into any PC and it would all "just work". Sorry to be a pest, you are doing awesome work. :) 

On 6/7/2017 at 6:27 PM, neil9000 said:

Ok, would you be able to check the portable folder as well as the roaming? It's just that i have my Launchbox all self contained on a external HDD. If i could then also install a Portable Kodi (say in my emulators folder) and store all my movie/TV Shows all within the LaunchBox folder i would have a fully portable gaming emulator front end, and tv/movie watching HDD that i could plug into any PC and it would all "just work". Sorry to be a pest, you are doing awesome work. :) 

ok I think I have accomplished what you were looking for. I added logic to look for a portable version under

LaunchBoxFolder\Emulators\Kodi

then The LaunchBoxDriveLetter:\Kodi

the AppData\Roaming\Kodi

I also fixed some bugs with file locations and added some details to the games menu item like release date and description. 

OK @slipsystem, well i just gave your plugin a whirl and it seems to work, however i do have a couple of issues, sorry. :) I set up my portable Kodi in the launchbox/emulators folder and added 6 movies to it to test. It said it was downloading images and then finished so i hit exit. However it didn't create a movies platform, so i deleted the image folder, then manually created a movies platform and imported again it downloaded images again but still no movie platform, so i am not sure what i did wrong there?? Secondly as i didn't have the platform i went to delete the launchbox/image/movie folder and noticed that i had a lot of images in there, so what i am assuming is the plugin searched for the portable kodi install and then "ALSO"  C: drive/roaming folder, when in my particular case i would want it to use the portable data "ONLY". The reason for this is my portable kodi will probably have a much smaller library (due to hdd space) than my main PC library. So ideally i would like it to search for the portable kodi and if it finds that to stop the search and not add anything from the kodi/roaming folder, because as i said i added 6 films to test but had the images for my entire collection in the image folder so about 750 films. I hope this all makes sense and i don't sound to demanding. Thanks again for all your hard work. :) 

Edit,

I closed and reopened launchbox for a second time and the movie platform appeared, i guess it just took a while. :) 

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

OK @slipsystem, well i just gave your plugin a whirl and it seems to work, however i do have a couple of issues, sorry. :) I set up my portable Kodi in the launchbox/emulators folder and added 6 movies to it to test. It said it was downloading images and then finished so i hit exit. However it didn't create a movies platform, so i deleted the image folder, then manually created a movies platform and imported again it downloaded images again but still no movie platform, so i am not sure what i did wrong there?? Secondly as i didn't have the platform i went to delete the launchbox/image/movie folder and noticed that i had a lot of images in there, so what i am assuming is the plugin searched for the portable kodi install and then "ALSO"  C: drive/roaming folder, when in my particular case i would want it to use the portable data "ONLY". The reason for this is my portable kodi will probably have a much smaller library (due to hdd space) than my main PC library. So ideally i would like it to search for the portable kodi and if it finds that to stop the search and not add anything from the kodi/roaming folder, because as i said i added 6 films to test but had the images for my entire collection in the image folder so about 750 films. I hope this all makes sense and i don't sound to demanding. Thanks again for all your hard work. :) 

Edit,

I closed and reopened launchbox for a second time and the movie platform appeared, i guess it just took a while. :) 

I added a new version, it now looks for emulators in lowercase aswell(i think that was the problem). if that didnt solve it please send me the full location of the kodi database (ie C:\LaunchBox\Emulators\Kodi\portable_data\userdata\Databases\MyVideos.db) i also added music as well as the option to import TV Show Seasons Seperatly.

• Like 1

Brilliant!! i just checked out version 1.0 and it worked perfectly, it only scanned my portable kodi this time as it only imported 8 movies, which is all i had added to my portable version at the moment, and it pulled all the artwork just fine. I feel this is what you have been working towards the whole time with your various importer plugins. This one is exactly what i wanted from a movie/tv scraper, works perfectly and is quick and easy to use. Very well done @slipsystem and thanks so much for bearing with me over the last few weeks. You have a very happy user here. :) 

@slipsystem still loving the plugin its working great and i am slowly building my collection back up after my HDD died. One little thing i have noticed though, in launchbox TV Show episodes are shown in ascending order, but in bigbox they are in descending order, so i have to scroll all the way to the bottom of a often long list to get to the first episode. Is that something that can be changed or just how bigbox works?

Thanks again.

Screenshot (189).png

Screenshot (190).png

• 1 year later...

I get this error every time i try to run the plugin...

Could not find a part of the path "C:\Launchbox\emulators\kodi\portable_data\userdata\database"

I have all my data currently in the roaming folder but i thought the plugin was able to pull the data from that folder also. do i need to make kodi portable in order to make this plugin work?

Untitled.thumb.png.6a53a88647148246a4523cc1894a82ff.png

Edited by darreldearth