LaunchBox Community Forums

Batman Arkham Knight

bd00

bd000 said I am very disappointed. I guess they focused too much on the consoles first (probably where the money is) and PC was a second thought. GTA V all over again. Hopefully this will be worth the wait too.
Yeah but at least GTA V runs like a dream on my machine and Rockstar learned from their GTA IV port. However they should have been able to get closer to the release date as the consoles....not over a year later. Also another very poor port was Watch Dogs, if I turn everything down it runs great but why should I have to. When much more graphic intensive games run with no issues. One good thing about games when they were on a floppy was it taught programers to cram as much good code in as they could in a limited space. Now they are (not trying to say coding is easy) lazy and sloppy because hey...we have all the room in the world to store code. If I have a system that far exceeds the minimum and has some headroom above the recommended, the game should be as smooth as butter. If the game don't work correctly, don't release it, it's not finished.

Yeah, indeed. Game developers are definitely getting lazier. This has been going on for ages. But as a programmer, I can reflect on a few things: - Often times, faster load times = larger file sizes. Not always, but it's often a trade off. - Being able to be lazy takes the focus off of having to constantly fix annoying bugs and worry about a million different things, which allows programmers/designers/etc. to focus on other things, like new features, better design, and just making a better game. It's no secret that everyone has a budget, and everything is run by money. So unfortunately, there's often a trade off between increasing frame rates and making a better playing game, otherwise. - Regardless, there's absolutely no excuse for a heavily bugged release. If a game comes out bugged from the beginning on a vast number of systems, it either wasn't properly tested, or they knew about the issues and released it anyways. I would imagine the latter is a lot more common. The developers say "it's not ready" but the business executives release it anyways is probably most likely.