LaunchBox Community Forums

Feature Request - Folders/Multi-Disc Titles

Deathbringer122

So, I've been adding quite a few emulated console games to my LaunchBox recently. The main issue I have is that I have been making a new item for each disc for multi-disc games (FF VII, VIII, Resident Evil 4, etc). This throws off the count of games in the collection as well as clutters up the interface. I was wondering if there would be a possibility of having folders or something similar, that I could contain the sets of discs in. I'm not sure about how simple/difficult such a task would be, but a way to manage multi-disc titles would be wonderful! Thank you!

Hi death, I've been thinking about this one; probably the quickest way to get support for multi-disc games would be to allow you to use an emulator for the additional apps. That way you could right-click on the game and select "Play Disc 1" or "Play Disc 2". I'd just have to add a "Use Emulator" checkbox to the additional apps screen. How would that work? I can probably work that into the next version.

• 2 weeks later...
As an added suggestion, if you go with a right click option I suggest remembering the last disc played so its easy to jump right back into the game where you were. Or, alternately, asking every time the game is run. I don't know how multi-disc swapping works for most emulators, not sure if command line arguments could make it easier.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...