LaunchBox Community Forums

Feature Requests - Various Requests

DravenLeonheart

Hi there. Since I started using Rainmeter for my desktop and laptop PC, Launchbox was just the software I needed to complete the feel of my custom environment and the sorting for my videogames, and not having 20+ shortcuts all over the place ever since. So far, in the technical department, it does what I need. However, in the visual area, there are some things I would like to suggest if I may, in order to have a more user-friendly app for games: -Smooth scrolling: When using the scroll bar it's fine... But I mostly use my mouse wheel and mousepad on my laptop for that, and it does feel a little jerky. The way the scrolling feels in the Windows 8/8.1 Start Menu is what I have on my mind to achieve, with a momentum. -Fading background: When navigating through the game list (especially when using a joystick), the background images changes way too abruptly. A delay/fading setting would be nice. *If a game is being highlighted, having the background changing every [number] seconds could also apply for the suggestion mentioned above. -Hovering info: Not that important, but when hovering a game with the mouse (or gamepad), maybe a semi-transparent bubble/box could be shown next to the game cover, showing the game description, user rating, logo, ESRB, etc. from TheGameDB. ___________ I know, perhaps my requests could be considered as nit-picking... But I do feel the software has lots of potential, and if it can be done, I would like to see it evolving into the perfect videogame launcher/center UI. :) Thanks in advance. Terrific software!

Thanks Draven! All good input; nit-picking is a good thing. I do have some major GUI improvements (such as these) planned out. I'm already pushing the limits of basic Windows graphics, though, so at some point I'm going to need to start doing things with DirectX, so I can implement better animation and the like. So that is definitely on my to-do list, but I do have a number of other more technical things to tackle before I can get there.

• 1 month later...
Hi All. I like the changes the Draven is suggesting, maybe they are nit-picky but they will improve the users experience. The feature that i would like the most is Hovering info, or at the very least show the whole title of the game. I recently installed Sid Meier's Civilization IV, warlords, beyond the sword and Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization, but the title gets cut off so the only way i know which one is which is by the picture. LaunchBox-Titles-not-showng.png