LaunchBox Community Forums

Feature Request - ScummVM

kyberesh

Being an avid ScummVM user I have become accustom to the default interface for the PC. I was toying around with using LaunchBox instead and noticed the lack of changing specific game settings. I also noticed that when I add a game I need to specifically select what game it is instead of attempting to auto-determine what the game is. ScummVM has a mass-add feature and auto-detection, is there any way this could be incorporated into the LauchBox GUI? Is there any way to allow specific settings per a game (this is less of a big deal)? As a Related bug, when I select aspect correction for Curse of Monkey Island it still displays on my monitor as wide screen.

Yeah, I only just recently introduced ScummVM and wanted to get it out and working as quickly as possible. Obviously, I have some work to do to add further configuration. As far as the auto-detection, however, I was rather frustrated when building the integration with ScummVM because it appeared to me that there was no way to use the auto-detection outside of the native interface (not through the command line at least). If you happen to know how, do let me know. Otherwise, we might be stuck there; I couldn't find any information on auto-detection without using their GUI. I'll take a look at the aspect correction for the next release.

In a quick scan through the git repository it looks rather complicated how the detection works. My 5 minute assessment is that you might have to lift code from the interface code and mimic the detection process in your application. I can dig into this a little further, but its been a long time since I looked at code that wasn't simple functions. Now I feel old :).