LaunchBox Community Forums

Non-Steam Windows Games - How to import?

mnemonic

mnemonic said How do I import a non-steam windows game? All I see is a wizard for DOS games. With kind regards, mnemonic
It isn't in the same spot as the other import features, but, Game -> Add. From there just point the application path to any .exe you want. The DOS importer could technically do the same job too, you would just need to uncheck the option to use DOSBox.

Jason Carr said Welcome to the forums, mnemonic. There isn't really a Windows game importer for the moment, but you can manually add them via Game > Add, as Brad suggested. The DOS game installer wizard won't work very well, though; I wouldn't suggest using that. Thanks, Jason
Oh no, I wouldn't either. But it COULD be done. :P

Thanks for the answers. I've looked ten times but for an unknown reason I've overlooked it always. Somehow I didn't expect the add button at the end of the game menu. Presumably it's a matter of taste but I might suggest to put all the import/add/install/cleaning/update functions in one place preferably a new main menu called "Administraton" for example. Thoughts on this: 1. Add is an oddball in Game menu because all other points are related to the selected (already imported) game. Add is not. 2. The tools menu seems to me like a collection with the title "does not fit elsewhere". These kind of categories should be kept as small as possible in order to increase usability. With kind regards, mnemonic

Hi mnemonic, I've tried to keep a traditional approach to the menu titles and organization; believe it or not, it is common practice to do things the way LaunchBox does them. There's also an Add button on the button bar that is visible by default when you start LaunchBox up for the first time. I do agree that the Tools menu is getting a bit cluttered, though, so I might have to start splitting things up at some point.