LaunchBox Community Forums

Autoexec does not run

KMKeele

I would like to connect to a IPX server to play multiplayer with Warcraft II. I made the appropriate modifications to the config file for dosbox. looking at my IPX server I do get not a connection attempt when dosbox starts and launches warcraft. i have tried to just double click the dosbox executable (c:\launchbox\dosbox\dosbox.exe) when i do this the autoexec executes and I get a connection to my IPX server. it looks like launchbox does not use the config file (c:\launchbox\dosbox\dosbox.conf) is this the case? if so does it somehow ignore the autoexec section?

Hi HMKeele, if you populate the Application Path field for the game, DOSBox does, in fact, ignore anything in the autoexec section. However, the solution is to simply leave the Application Path field blank, and then manually start the game in the autoexec, after you run your other custom commands. The dosbox.conf file is used properly, but if a game is specified the autoexec section is specifically ignored. Hope that helps. :)